Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moto fun in St George

Moto fun in St George

This is a recent ride I did in Santa Clara in the St George area. I finished the ride just as it started to downpour. The skies and views were incredible!! I want to retire here doing this until I can't move!!

I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

I recognize the last half (i think) of where you were riding but where is the first half?
    Chere'

I rode up to the Trailhead of Bearclaw poppy by the water tank. There is a single track that heads NE from there coming back down the hill. I followed it North and it ended up heading West again over the top and down a canyon similar to Bearclaw. I guess you could say it was the next canyon North of Bearclaw. Sorry, I don't know my way around, I just got the starting info from a friend that lives in St George. I ended up on the west side of the mountains and went North into the area that has the trails everywhere in the Gray dirt. I hope that makes some sense. It wasn't posted specific, although there were som offshoots for hiking and biking. I hope that makes some sense.

Makes perfect sense I think I know the one you are talking about I will have to check it out on my bike. Nice vids both of them!

I think the one you rode called Barrel Trail. (Not Barrel Roll we did that one today) At any rate I am going to check that out, it looks funner then I was led to believe.
    Chere'

Lucky SOB. Looks like fun.

My wife kicks ass!! Yeah, i said it!! She knows this and Mtn Biking are my passion and she encourages me to do it often. And she doesn't do either! You're right, I am a lucky SOB!! The only thing that might make me luckier, is if I was riding that nice new Screaming Pumpkin you just purchased! OMH, that is one nice looking animal. I hope to get with you this spring and see it in the dirt.

Nice. I recognize a lot of that stuff. We used to ride dirt bikes all over in the Bearclaw poopy area when I was growing up. My parents live just at the bottom of the big hill coming down into Bloomington. Looks awesome and it's good to see someone riding blue! Those pumpkins are for pansies. Looks like you had a blast.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I do love my Blue!! I have her set up nicely for this kind of stuff!! I wish I could ride her every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    I do love my Blue!! I have her set up nicely for this kind of stuff!! I wish I could ride her every day.
    We ride every saturday morning. Youre welcome to come down to vegas and ride. We also go to logandale, about an hour north of vegas, quite a bit this time of year and its a ton of fun.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I hope to get with you this spring and see it in the dirt.
    We do need to ride. I now have a little more compatible bike with you guys...well maybe. Fourtcal has a blue bike as well.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    We do need to ride. I now have a little more compatible bike with you guys...well maybe. Fourtcal has a blue bike as well.
    Yeah, but he took all the blue plastics off and made it white. So he's just kind of riding blue.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Thanks!! I'll definitely keep that in mind. My older brother was living in Henderson for a few years and he loved the riding down there.

I'm planning on riding the Mtn Bike with the Bogley Crew over St Patties day in St George. I see no reason not to take old Blue with me and get a day of moto! Any takers? I'm headed there March 17-19.

I'm planning on riding the Mtn Bike with the Bogley Crew over St Patties day in St George. I see no reason not to take old Blue with me and get a day of moto! Any takers? I'm headed there March 17-19.
    I see some potential here! I'm considering the mtn bike trip as well even more so if we can get in a day of dirt biking. I know the area really well and there are a ton of opportunities.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

There might be other guys interested in bringing their dirt bikes if they know there are others riding. We can plan that into the shin dig if you guys want. Let me know!
    Chere'

I'm booked to stay in Hurricane from March 17th to the 21st. Let me know if you want to ride the motos one (or two) of those days. If we can come up with a day, we can let Chere know and she can work it into the festivities.

I'm booked to stay in Hurricane from March 17th to the 21st. Let me know if you want to ride the motos one (or two) of those days. If we can come up with a day, we can let Chere know and she can work it into the festivities.
    I'm looking at coming thursday night and maybeeee wednesday night So we'll have three days or so. Friday is probably the better moto day and saturday and sunday morning can be for mtn biking. What moto trips should we do? Coral might be nice? There's a lot of fun that can be had at warner valley too.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Where is Coral?. I have ridden near Warner Valley a few times. I really like that area. And Friday works great.

You guys are killing me. So I gotta take a moto and mtb? I gotta make this happen...

I'll be riding in Mesquite the weekend before.