Thread: Spring Time Shoe Shopping

Spring Time Shoe Shopping

With spring coming up I thought I'd start shopping for some new shoes. I've held out on getting a pair of 5.10 canyoneers since I've heard that the arch support and fore foot comfort are poor (these are features that are very important to me--I've learned the hard way from daily runs the last couple of decades)

While I was over at the Five Ten site I saw that they are selling "Stealth Paint". Sounds like it is a way to beef up the mesh/weak spots on shoes. Anyone have experience with this stuff?

"Five Ten

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    I just add Dr. Scholls to my Canyoneers and never had a problem since doing that.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Anyone know the latest on when La Sportiva is going to come out with their new canyoneering shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by canyondevil View Post
    Anyone know the latest on when La Sportiva is going to come out with their new canyoneering shoe?

[QUOTE=agostinone;436758]With spring coming up I thought I'd start shopping for some new shoes. I've held out on getting a pair of 5.10 canyoneers since I've heard that the arch support and fore foot comfort are poor (these are features that are very important to me--I've learned the hard way from daily runs the last couple of decades)

While I was over at the Five Ten site I saw that they are selling "Stealth Paint". Sounds like it is a way to beef up the mesh/weak spots on shoes. Anyone have experience with this stuff?

"Five Ten

I'm going to try a pair of these Teva shoes. I can get them locally which makes checking sizes easier and it looks like they may be more friendly to my finicky runners feet. The Five Ten Stealth Paint is my plan "B" for any blowouts.

http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.a...del=Sear+eVent