Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: St. George Bike Trip March 17th, 18th, 19th

My wife and kids are going to be down there, I'm just deciding wheter or not it would be go to get a few more days of snowboarding in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

if you ride a dirtbike, then you won't have a problem with st. george's "extreme downhill trails" if there is such a thing.

we defiantly need to do Icehouse on Friday or Saturday while we have the shuttle vehicles I drove to the top in my car and it's not fun.. doable but not fun.. however the lower part of the road was smooth I got up to 70mph going down.

and justin you need an intervention... Jem and Bearclaw and even Zen are cool, but they're not that cool. if someone wants to do zen again I'll punch them in the face (with love)... don't get me wrong zen is fun, but i'd rather waste my energy on three trails then one. like rim rock, barrel roll, and sidewinder.

also when Redfox was down we noticed an option to do a loop ride on anasazi, however we were not sure how bad it was damaged by the flood.

there was talk about church rock too which i think is a good idea... I haven't seen a schedule from chere but i think this might work out good.

friday:
    prospector to church rocks (beginner - intermediate ride)
    ice house (bring your balls and brown pants) JK I don't know how bad this trail is.
    BBQ

saturday:
    maybe jem (beginner ride)
    --then the rest of the day in santa clara
    maybe barrel roll. rim rock is like barrel roll but much more fun.
    rim rock (beginner - intermediate ride)

sunday: (lazy day for anyone who isn't busy with other stuff)
    Anasazi (beginner ride)
    and anything anyone wants to try...

*this is just my idea, and I haven't seen anything from chere or wade.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I am liking your suggestions Dave. More from me hopefully tonight. I am up to my eyeballs in packing paper and boxes. And my computer is in the old place until I get internet in the new place.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    and justin you need an intervention...

NO!!

Actually I'm not too excited about Zen this time around either, but JEM and Bear Claw are musts for me. I only get to ride them once or twice a year That can be done in one day, and possibly fit in a third trail. Then the second day I'm open to whatever.

I just want to know where the rides are on Saturday. I haven't rode any of these on my Mtn Bike, so as soon as someone has a definite on Saturday's ride(s), I'm there.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Redspecialized and I would llike to check out the Barrel trail Sunday and then head home. Since he has never ridden the Southern utah trails, I would like to show him the classicsride the South rim of gooseberry and then bearclaw and then probably paradise on Saturday. We will also be driving down there early Saturday morning. I am open to coordinating with other riders so that we can ride some trails as a group larger than 2.

Ok, just talked to Chere'(blueyes) and we have made a tentative schedule. Thursday we'll arrive in Springdale and meet up with Chere' & her kids for dinner and more planning BUT here is what we've come up with so far:

Friday - Morning ride (to be determined) then lunch near wherever we've ridden. Friday afternoon at 3:30pm will be a beginner ride on Anasazi Trail. I am told it can be ridden by anyone. It's about 2hours long. Follow this up with a BBQ Dinner at Chere's new house at 6:30pm.

Saturday - Morning ride meeting at JEM trailhead(south) at 8:30am. We would like to shuttle this one -ending near Virgin. Lunch wherever people decide. THEN, an afternoon ride on Gooseberry. Dinner to be determined since we have families everywhere.

We do understand that some won't want to ride these particular trails or even in this order but these are the ones we are getting the most feedback on. If you guys want to do several different trails at the same time & then meet up at a central location for lunches we are game for that. We can fit in BearClaw, Paradise or whatever we still have power to do.

These people I have phone #'s :

Blueeyes
    Garbanzo
    Sombeech
    Fourtycal
    Accadacca

If anyone else would like me to keep them in the loop down there please pm me or Chere'(blueeyes).

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker View Post
    These people I have phone #'s :

Blueeyes
    Garbanzo
    Sombeech
    Fourtycal
    Accadacca

If anyone else would like me to keep them in the loop down there please pm me or Chere'(blueeyes).
    I just PM'd you REDFOX (shawn), glasscutter (Mark) and theking648 (Dave) phone numbers.

Sorry, I’m going to have to back out. Due to the tsunami the Hawaii port Authority closed their shipping port over the weekend and our container won’t arrive at the Disney site till today (instead of Saturday) which means that instead of my big Disney meeting occurring on Wednesday it’ll occur on Friday. So I’m not going to make it up since I typically have a day or two of work to do after the meeting. I apologize but it's really out of my control and in the current job market I don't want to be the one missing the meeting with my staff there instead of me. Yikes!

I'm bummed since this was shaping up to be fun. At least I'll be able to get away for a moto ride saturday morning and I'm hitting bootleg again this afternoon after work.

You guys have fun!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    Redspecialized and I will probable ride the South rim of gooseberry and then bearclaw and then probably paradise on Saturday. We will also be driving down there early Saturday morning. Sunday I would llike to check out the Barrel trail and then head home. Since he has never ridden the Southern utah trails, I would like to show him the classics. I am open to coordinating with other riders so that we can ride some trails as a group larger than 2.
    It looks like everyone has plans going in different directions as usual. Let me throw my preferences into the mix.

I would also lean toward riding Gooseberry on Saturday morning. It takes a while just to get out there and the trail can also burn some serious time. I have ridden it in the afternoon before and ran out of daylight. Some peeps might run out of steam as well.

My preference would be to ride Gooseberry early Saturday morning and then hit barrel roll after that. I just talked to fourtycal and this plan made sense to him as well.
    Where are we going to meet for dinner on Saturday night? Perhaps the locals should name the place and call it good.

Chere has my number...

we need to have ice house in there for Friday or Saturday while we have the vehicles.

i would say
    Friday: (beginner day)
    8:00 JEM (meet at bottom)
    Ice House (meet at bottom)(fallow over from JEM)
    Anasazi, paradise or none (depending on time)
    BBQ (what time?)

Saturday: (workout day)
    8:00 Gooseberry (for one group) Bearclaw (for second group)(depending on people)
    Anasazi, or barrel roll (second group while we wait for the others)
    12:00 or 1:00 Rim Rock (a workout to keep everyone honest)

Sunday: for anyone who's left not doing other things...
    plan it as we go... pissing contest, fishing, make plans to steal wades bike.

as long as we have ice house I don't care what we do. my list took care of everything Justin and his posse wanted, and split Saturday morning into two groups ones that want to go all the way back out to gooseberry and ones that want to stay here and play around. I chose rim rock instead of barrel roll because it's the same exact thing except rim rock is much cooler.

as for lunch I don't think many of us care.. i don't. if you get hungry bring something, but most of the time I'm having to much fun to notice I'm hungry. beef jerky is a quick cure.

what do you think chere, or wade.

or maybe put gooseberry, jem, ice house on the same day.. I don't think my car would like the road to gooseberry though.

then saturday. bearclaw, rim rock, anasazi.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    It looks like everyone has plans going in different directions as usual. Let me throw my preferences into the mix.

I would also lean toward riding Gooseberry on Saturday morning. It takes a while just to get out there and the trail can also burn some serious time. I have ridden it in the afternoon before and ran out of daylight. Some peeps might run out of steam as well.

My preference would be to ride Gooseberry early Saturday morning and then hit barrel roll after that. I just talked to fourtycal and this plan made sense to him as well.
    Where are we going to meet for dinner on Saturday night? Perhaps the locals should name the place and call it good.
    Are you and fourty bringing your moyorcycles? If so i may have to rethink my work ethic......
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    If so i may have to rethink my work ethic......

I talked to Keith today and I don't think he is bringing his MX down. He will probably be down on Friday night and ride MTB with us on Sat. He took last Friday off as did I.

I am still sitting on the fence, but leaning toward taking the new pumpkin down. I talked to Garbanzo on the phone today for a while. I would really like to ride MX on Friday and MTB on Saturday. I am anxious to explore some new riding areas down there and it would be cool to ride with some locals if possible. I need some more terrain options for winter riding.

You guys are killing me. Get the Pumpkin fixed/ Call in sick to work. Problem(s) solved. I hope this works.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    i would say
    Friday: (beginner day)
    8:00 JEM (meet at bottom)
    Ice House (meet at bottom)(fallow over from JEM)
    Anasazi, paradise or none (depending on time)
    BBQ (what time?)
    My Saturday is shot due to my wife's work party in the morning (I skipped the last one so I can't skip this one) and then me and my dad have plans to get a lot of work done the rest of the day.

I am down with the Friday plans though. JEM and Icehouse for sure for me, and then probably done for the day so my wife can head in to work for a bit.

What kind of work party do you have on a Saturday ? Saturdays are for playing. Isn't this the annual bogley bike fest .

I'm sure we could switch rides and do Gooseberry first in the morning saturday. I can get up there from Springdale easy enough.

Friday update: JEM Trail at 8am followed by IceHouse - both are shuttles. Then, Anasazi at 3:30 followed by the bbq at Chere's - BRING YOUR OWN MEAT & DRINKS.

Saturday - 8:30 am -Gooseberry then Stucki Springs. Dinner saturday at Pasta Factory in St. George. Chere' will get reservations.
    .......anything else guys??