Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: St. George Bike Trip March 17th, 18th, 19th

I just found out that I can take off work that Friday now, so I'll be able to head down Thursday night.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

On a side note, I'll be bringing my family down there, and I'll have some definite family time with them. I won't be able to make all the rides with y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    On a side note, I'll be bringing my family down there, and I'll have some definite family time with them. I won't be able to make all the rides with y'all.

I've never been on a Bogley trip. I have relatives down there. What is the scoop on these Bogley trips?

It should like it could be real fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gholt View Post
    I've never been on a Bogley trip. I have relatives down there. What is the scoop on these Bogley trips?

It should like it could be real fun.
    disorganized, last minute changes, no one is on time, and they get lost easy.

this is starting to get a little big. so maybe we need to make a thread where we can schedule all the rides and have everyone post phone numbers or something. cause sometimes things change, like mark being a dork and getting hurt. just kidding mark, you're still my favorite McFarland brother.

and like Justin i may not be in on all the rides like gooseberry.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    You pegged it!

i may not be in on all the rides like gooseberry
    Don't like Gooseberry? It's toward the top of my all time favorites list. I need a good one to help justify camping out in the winter

I like your idea of scheduled rides, no one has to schedule Gooseberry in on my account. I will watch and show up to ride the ones I can make.

We likes a big Bogley shindig! Anyone can e-mail me or PM me here and we can exchange phone #s. Chere' and I are trying to figure out some kind of a campsite but anyone can get a room if they'd rather. Fourtycal and I have done the hotel before but it looks like our schedules arent meshing for a hotel but I'm open to camping. Give Chere' and me suggestions or give us a chance to talk more & we'll get it posted up here. As far as 'organized' trail rides....well.........oh...sorry. We'll work on that one. It sounds like Gooseberry on saturday, maybe and afternoon ride or just shower up and meet for dinner in town.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Wade and I will get a thread going with the details soon. I am coordinating this with the SLC Mtn Bike group as well. So far 8 adults have signed on two kids are also coming so I will plan a few kid friendly rides. Also dinner somewhere so others who are not biking but would like to socialize can meet up with us as well. Maybe that will be exclusive to Bogley folks.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post

True, we do try to fit too many rides in while we're down there.

My wife wants to come, so we are looking for a hotel now. She is a much more tame rider but I'll be riding some advanced stuff fo sho! It's looking more and more like we're staying in Springdale

My wife and I are staying at the Bumbleberry Inn in Springdale. March 17, 18,19, and checking out the 20th. There might be more rooms left there.
    Word I'm getting is that we'll need to have a tame ride for the less adventurous and as many rides as we can handle for the more advanced nuts. Don't have a plan yet for thursday night yet. I'll be in contact with Chere' - maybe she'll be in her new place by then....

Rides suggested, and I can add more:
    Gooseberry
    Icehouse - not familiar with this one but some of you are-
    Bear Claw Poppy
    JEM
    Church Rocks - through the tunnel trail

I am pretty sure that saturday we'll get together for dinner - place to be determined.
    Lunches are of course up to you guys---or have been since no one will know when the rides will correspond with a noon time feed.
    It has been suggested to run to Mesquite one night for buffet but I'll leave that one open.
    Anyone can chime in here for suggestions.

I'm in for the dinner and any rides that are planned. I will be staying at the Travelodge in Hurricane from Thursday night to Monday morning.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

If you are interested in camping Kyle's group will be camping out at Sand Hollow. There are both primitive beach camping sites (tenting it), as well as main campground hookup sites (RV style). The RV sites can be reserved ahead of time for $28/night, while the primitive sites go for $15/night. The primitive sites seem to be first-come-first-served.

Wade all this waiting on paperwork is so hard to be patient! Fingers are crossed for a closing on the 9th and I can move in next weekend. House warming BBQ at my place.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    I'm in for the dinner and any rides that are planned. I will be staying at the Travelodge in Hurricane from Thursday night to Monday morning.
    PM me or Blueeyes with your phone so we can coordinate!
    ........that goes for all y'all!

Bad timing. The 19th is the semi-annual Black Diamond gear swap. I am looking for a new(to me) porta-ledge and more wide gear, otherwise I would be there!

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    Bad timing. The 19th is the semi-annual Black Diamond gear swap. I am looking for a new(to me) porta-ledge and more wide gear, otherwise I would be there!
    I've got a portaledge. It's a Pika double wammy. It's in great shape just collecting dust in my garage. I'd part with it for very little $ just to make more room. If you're interested I'll take some pics.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

bump;

I'm headed down Thursday night with the family. I'm good to bike Friday and Saturday, all day both days. Then I've committed Sunday and Monday to family time, pretty strict on that one.

I saw a video on Icehouse a while ago and thought it looked cool, and the keyword "shuttle" sounds very appealing. I'll have to borrow a big bike to hit Broken Mesa at the end though.

JEM and Bear Claw Poppy are always necessities for me, and I'd like to try out Barrel Roll.

I'm riding friday and saturday for sure somewhere - we'll already be there and I am an early riser. My wife wants to take a shuttle into Zions friday - before the government closes the parks because congress can't seem to come to resolution then we are looking to get a group together to ride a more tame ride for beginners/flatlanders maybe that afternoon - Blueeyes will have a ride picked out for that one. Friday dinner has yet to be determined still and where.
    Saturday's trails havent been nailed down yet but I figure one sometime in the morning and that afternoon maybe, then a group dinner - that has yet to be determined where yet.
    Sunday is open and we are heading back home that day....long drive for us

Sorry sorry!! I have been soooo busy moving.

I definitely want to do BBQ at my place one of those nights. So if we are doing a tame ride on Fri let do the BBQ that night. Ok gotta run and move that BBQ. Sooooooo excited!!!
    Chere'

Looking good. Just remember that I'm new and I do not want to be wadded up in some corner on some extreme downhill trail! I'm bringing my motorcycle as well as my mtn bike. I'll likely stay with my parents in St. George but I'm open to camping as well. Looks like garbonzo and I will moto one day and mtn bike the rest. But I"m open to whatever.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!