Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: St. George Bike Trip March 17th, 18th, 19th

St. George Bike Trip March 17th, 18th, 19th

Ok Y'all, the invitation's out! So far all that is planned is the dates. Let me or Chere' know if you can come. More details to follow!

....those are the dates I have to work with. I'm coming home the 20th.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

I think some from the SLC Mt bike group might come down. All of them but one bailed on this weekend because of weather. Should be fun!
    Chere'

I am throwing it on my calendar and I'll be watching this thread. I do have one obstacle that weekend, but I might be able to avoid it. My b-day is that weekend too! Maybe that's a reason to go...

This might be in the cards for me as well, I was thinking of heading down those dates. Although I may be coming down the 18th through the 21st, it kinda depends on how work goes.

I'll be here.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Never been on a road trip with the Bogley crowd, is it safe? With the killer vacation plan that comes with my new job, its a possibility for me to show as well. Wade, is this the type of trip that I would be happy in bringing my Banshee Scream? or do I want to bring my "shortie"?

I have been wanting to hit Gooseberry Mesa... make that on the 19th and I will come down for it.

a perfect time to do this one... we need to shuttle though
    I think this one will beat the crap out of jem. """"descending 2000 vertical feet"""
    http://utahmountainbiking.com/trails/icehouse.htm
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Icehouse is definitely a shuttle, I think that broken mesa is a little more technical, but last part of both trails are the same. I think that gooseberry is more scenic and offers the most variety.

I am good riding gooseberry on Saturday. I am starting to chat about this trip to my wife...

I would like to ride the trails again that REDFOX and I rode last time. Forget the names...

Icehouse looks good!
    Chere'

I'll have to pull my Huffy out of the cobwebs and join too!

On a different note: PLEASE stop by the store and look at some aerial maps the the ST. George BLM has presented to us. The St. George BLM is in the process of writing a new Management Plan and needs to know what we, yes I said WE would like to see as potential new climbing, hiking, Mtn. Biking areas that may have been off limits because of Lowland Zoning that was implemented many years ago. Any and all input might just get some great new areas opened up that are currently off limits. Dave Kiel and Kyle Voyles are avid outdoor people that are very interested in YOUR input.

One week later and I could make it happen.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Will it be noob friendly? We also should ride Bearclaw. It's been years since I did that. If there is alot of uphill you skinny bastards will just have to wait. Someone should determine the itinarary (sp?) so that if someone can only make one or two of the three days they'll know what they are getting into.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

We will!

I would say there will be a mix of riding for Kid Friendly, Noobs, Intermediate and Crazy Experts. Just trying to get a feel for who is coming and what people want to ride and we can go from there. If the weather is cooperative we can do a group camp out on Gooseberry Mesa.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    Never been on a road trip with the Bogley crowd, is it safe? With the killer vacation plan that comes with my new job, its a possibility for me to show as well. Wade, is this the type of trip that I would be happy in bringing my Banshee Scream? or do I want to bring my "shortie"?
    - the Banshee would enjoy the rides for sure!- and I will have to drool over it I'm bringing my Azonic Avenger(6" fr &rr). Is your Scream(i am so jealous) set up 8" or 10" travel? I last time I rode Goosberry and Guacamole I rode my Rocky Mtn RM9 and was fine but it was a workout hauling that much weight.

Yeah well that is why ya just move down here. And then you still don't have time to ride them all!
    Chere'

I'm thinking I'm in. I've yet to do a Bogley ride down South. It sounds like a blast and I love the area. After riding that area on the Moto, I'd better step it up at the gym!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.