Thread: Pro Photographer for hire!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Pro Photographer for hire!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

saw this link in another forum... copied the text just in case it gets taken down.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-services-...AdIdZ261389801

Date Listed 17-Feb-11
    Address Calgary
    View map
    Hi there! My name is Samantha and I've just got a brand new camera for Christmas but haven't even taken it out of the box. I really want to get into the wedding photography business because I see so many people in Alberta are getting married and it looks like easy money. I can't guarantee that even one photo will turn out looking good but I sure will try. Some pictures will be used for my portfolio and my future website. I start booking appointments this week! I am now booking for Spring and Summer of 2011.

I specialize in all types of Lifestyle photography including:

Weddings – You'll have to pay $15 for gas money outside of Calgary.

Bridals

Engagements

Families

Children

Portraiture

Fashion

My style is classy, elegant and artistic. I would be honored to be part of your special occasion or photography needs considering I have no professional experience. I would love to capture those beautiful moments for you and your family.

I have so much passion for being a pro wedding photographer! All my friends and family tell me I take great pictures at all our outings and picnics. I'm putting together a web site of all the flower pictures and sunsets I've taken so you can see how good I am. I even have a few pics of my pet dog which turned out really great!

But I don't have a business license, liability insurance, flashes, extra batteries, or even more than a kit lens that came in the box. If something goes wrong, you're out of luck. To keep things cheap for you, I won't even back up any of your images. Less cost for me means less cost for you. Just passing the savings on. I expect to be paid in cash or personal check because I don't plan on claiming this income on my taxes.

I know many fun and beautiful locations. I really care about making brides look beautiful! I add glow and selective color to all of my images, giving them the best look possible. No need to hassle with computer programs.

Bridals and Engagements are only $100. Please trust me to do your wedding. I'll do it cheap just to build up my portfolio. I will only charge you $250 for your entire wedding day. This is a deal. My camera cost me $700 brand new. All sessions include a Hi Resolution CD with FULL copy right release included, which means you get to print your pictures at Wal-Mart! Here's the BEST Part! I offer 100% guarantee on ALL my sessions! Don't pay a cent until you are 100% happy with your pictures!

I own a camera therefore I can take photos like the pros, who charge alot more. Most brides in Canada on average spend $2,500 on professional wedding photography. Since I have no experience I'll only be charging $250 (90% off regular wedding photography prices) to shoot full day wedding coverage.

Think about it: Pros charge alot of money because they have alot of expenses. I don't.

Pros have:

-a business license

- multiple cameras

-thousands of dollars in lenses and flashes

-hard drives to back up the images

-insurance

-experience

-people skills

-color calibrated monitors

-professional print labs

-professional albums

-real advertising/ not kijiji

I have none of this stuff so we'll keep it cheap, just for you!

E-mail me if you want to set an appointment or if you have any questions, I will gladly respond.

Visits: 267

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Sounds legit to me...........

I like that the camera has "never come out of the box."

This was a good one too: "I own a camera therefore I can take photos like the pros."

Where was this person when I got married? I could have saved a fortune!

Having my own (legit) photography business, this kind of thing really bugs me and it seems like there are plenty of people like this around(I realize this one is a joke). Don't get me wrong, everyone has to start somewhere but shooting weddings is serious business, especially when something goes wrong. If you're just shooting a family session or whatnot it is fairly easy to re-schedule the session if pictures get lost or something goes wrong but if that happens with a wedding you're screwed! Oh well, rant over

At least she is honest... My favorite

Pro's have:

- People Skills.

If she had people skills she would possibly have had to charge $300 instead of $250.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye008 View Post
    Where was this person when I got married? I could have saved a fortune!

Having my own (legit) photography business, this kind of thing really bugs me and it seems like there are plenty of people like this around(I realize this one is a joke). Don't get me wrong, everyone has to start somewhere but shooting weddings is serious business, especially when something goes wrong. If you're just shooting a family session or whatnot it is fairly easy to re-schedule the session if pictures get lost or something goes wrong but if that happens with a wedding you're screwed! Oh well, rant over
    if I were to guess, this post is totally tongue in cheek, probably by a legit photographer, taking a shot at the growing number of people picking up a good quality consumer end SLR and thinking thats all there is to making good images....

As a photographer, I got a kick out of it because of the harsh reality we face....