View Poll Results: Why are you on Bogley?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't post. Just watch to see if you all are talking about me.

3 7.50%
  • Enjoy the people here.

16 40.00%
  • Like to share my outdoor activities with a group that likes the same.

20 50.00%
  • I have a crush on " "

9 22.50%
  • I want to promote my site.

2 5.00%
  • I like the help I get here.

10 25.00%
  • I like the Basement.

10 25.00%
  • The photos!

20 50.00%
  • I have to. Scott and Beech are friends.

4 10.00%
  • Just to talk sometimes and feel free to do it here.

4 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are you on Bogley?

Bogley BigShot

Why are you on Bogley?

I love everyone here is so truthful and honest and speaks their minds.

Go Bogley!

It is truly why some stay and some leave and some leave for a while then come back and so on and so on.....

Honesty hurts, but its a good hurt and keeps us on the right track.

I stay here because ......

I am thinking on that one!

How about you?

Choose all you want in the poll. Its not limited to one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    I like it because it is very-active! And there are some great team players for the sport I love - Canyoneering. Tom Jones, Rich C, Dan Ransom, Goofball, Brian in SLC, Shane Burrows, oldno7, Tanya and Bo Beck, and many others too.

And the hiking thread gets updated all the time too with loads of new places.

There are other reasons too of why I stay but those are the two main reasons.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Enjoy sharing, like the help, photos are AWESOME, like to talk

This site is addicting.
    Chere'

For ideas on where to go and like minded people who I might run into while there.

It's too bad that just as I'm finally getting plenty of vacation time, I'm also getting health issues tying me down.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

For me its about staying in touch with friends, meeting new ones and planning trips outdoors. Possibly the most enjoyment I get is readying about others adventures and seeing their pictures. We have had some great stories told over the years. There are dozens and dozens that could be listed, but when Jaxx's Dad got caught in that canyon. Boy was that a bloody good read. I also enjoyed the post about ibenick getting stuck out in the swell. We have some smart clever writers and it is always fun to read. Of course there is drama and controversy at times (especially in the winter) and I generally stay away from it. Yet it is a big driver for some...that stuff SELLS.

I have personally met so many cool people on Bogley. I now have friends in multiple sports that I can hang with on a given weekend. Many of them are experts in their craft and it is truly a privilege to sponge off their wisdom. Bogley gives me the small mental breaks that I need during the day to keep me going. Its been going strong for 6+ years and I am looking forward to the next 6.

Where is "bored at work and need to kill time" option?
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    For me its about staying in touch with friends, meeting new ones and planning trips outdoors. Possibly the most enjoyment I get is readying about others adventures and seeing their pictures. We have had some great stories told over the years. There are dozens and dozens that could be listed, but when Jaxx's Dad got caught in that canyon. Boy was that a bloody good read. I also enjoyed the post about ibenick getting stuck out in the swell. We have some smart clever writers and it is always fun to read. Of course there is drama and controversy at times (especially in the winter) and I generally stay away from it. Yet it is a big driver for some...that stuff SELLS.

I have personally met so many cool people on Bogley. I now have friends in multiple sports that I can hang with on a given weekend. Many of them are experts in their craft and it is truly a privilege to sponge off their wisdom. Bogley gives me the small mental breaks that I need during the day to keep me going. Its been going strong for 6+ years and I am looking forward to the next 6.
    SPAMMER--your only here to draw people to your website..............oh, wait

What's Bogley? Where am I?
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

where's the "because i really don't have a life" option?
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

I have been a member for less than two weeks, but I have already made the following observations:

1.) People are very helpful and the response time is incredibly fast when someone posts a question. I gotta be honest and say that I looked at a few other outdoor forums and none came close to Bogley in this regard. Most amazingly is the patience that the "Lifers" show as I'm sure they have responded ad nauseum to questions such as "What should I do in Moab?" or "What can I see in three days around Page?"

2.) The Trip Reports are great (especially photos) and have already provided me with lots of ideas for future excursions.
    The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right. (Mark Twain)

The rubbish bin, great beta on places I both have not and have been too (always nice to learn cool things about places I am familiar with), love the photos which lead to needing beta, enjoy most of the people here as most have a good sense of humor. I also love the layout of the site. I love how it’s broken out into the different categories. It’s almost like they actually thought things through (I'm always amazed by how many other forums don't do that).

I’d say promote my wife’s site but I was here long before hers came along so that's just total BS.

I was promised this would get me hot chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I was promised this would get me hot chicks.
    Did it deliver?

I stumbled up on your community googling ideas for our quick trip to Coyote Buttes north and the surrounding area last month. I found everyone to be extremely helpful and welcoming to this newb from the northeast, and I thank you all for that! I also really enjoy the reports and especially the amazing photos that give me something to aspire to. I've been decent at capturing people in action with photographs, but landscape photography is something I'm still relatively new at, and I've fallen in love with the landscape in the southwestern US over the last couple of years. I was fortunate enough to put together a 12 day trip scraping the surface of many of the places I've wanted to visit, but in doing that, I've gotten the itch to spend more time out there..

I hope to get back out there in the fall for at least a week, and in the meantime will enjoy interacting, sharing stories, and learning as much as I can from afar!

Beech's fault

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Beech's fault
    Cute.

Nothing cute about it, it's the truth. He subscribed to my YouTube channel and I clicked on his Bogley (back in the day, UUTAH) link and the rest is history. Since I was getting ready to make my first trip to Moab, this site was pretty nice to come across

I first heard of Bogley (back in its UUTAH days) when I got an email notice for it, probably because I was subbed to the canyoneering and Zion yahoogroups (which I NEVER read anymore). Probably the only useful piece of "spam" I've ever gotten ! Anyway, I joined then (just over 5 years ago) and have enjoyed it ever since.

I only participate in one other forum (for artists) now, but this one is my hands-down favorite. Why?

- peeps here are really friendly and laid-back - typical for outdoorsy people in general. The art forum I read can be very clique-ish, which happens when it dominated by a bunch of uptight, middle-aged harpies stroking each other's egos . A handful of talent and a handful of cool people there are the only reason I stick around.
    - love the photos and trip reports and just the willingness to share information about cool places to go in this most amazing part of the country
    - the lack of militant moderation. Yeah, there's the occasional scuffle, but then it usually settles down on its own and everyone's back to being mellow and busting on each other in their usual good-natured fashion.
    - just the overall quality of content here. Interesting, educational, and plus people here are just funny as hell!

Now that we are back in this region, I hope to meet some Bogley peeps in person eventually, either through get-togethers or when we roll through towns where y'all live.
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Just noticed I passed my 2 year anniversary a couple of days ago, so a little reflection on why I'm here makes sense.

The biggest draw for me is the collection of hard-core southwest desert enthusiasts who are friendly, willing to share info and post great pics and TRs of their adventures in the SW. But over time I've got to know many of you personally and it's been great each time we get to meet face-to-face for some desert fun and that certainly adds to appeal. Bogley also has a nice mixture of different sports. I wouldn't subscribe to a climbing or 4X4 site, for example, but I enjoy a bit both and I get a little exposure to those and other cross-interest things here.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

I googled "hot young stripper wife" and Bogley was number 1 on the list.