Thread: Adobe Lightroom 3 on sale today at Amazon

Adobe Lightroom 3 on sale today at Amazon

I work for Overstock.com so don't want to promote this company too much, but I am a big fan of Adobe LR. I already have this, otherwise I'd be taking advantage. Today only.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003739DVY/...CJGVM72GV3G9T9

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    I just bought it a few weeks ago. It's driving me nuts how to use it! What do you use it for? What can it do that ps can't do? I bought it when I got the new ps. Granted I only know how to do basics on ps too.

I tried Lightroom and I've decided I like Aperture 3 much better. Only for Mac though.

I've used Aperture for years but have made the switch. I know Aperture 3 has some improvements over 2 but I like the flow and ease of LR 3.

Tanya, Lightroom and Aperture are mainly used to catalog your photos but also offer easy to (some advanced) editing. Photoshop does everything you need it to do except organize.

I just ordered LR3 and CS5 for 1/3 that price

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    I just bought it a few weeks ago. It's driving me nuts how to use it! What do you use it for? What can it do that ps can't do? I bought it when I got the new ps. Granted I only know how to do basics on ps too.
    youtube search lightroom3 and whatever is its youre trying to do.... countless video tutorials out there

I do 80% of my editing on LR3 but if something does need a little PS work just right click, edit in PS.

I'm still learning Lightroom, but its been great for keeping things organized, especially for someone like me so scatterbrained and disorganized. Its easy to tag and catelog photos which is what I use them for primarily. If I'm editing something to print, I'll usually use Photoshop to tune it up, mostly because I've used it for years and am more familliar with it, but as I grow more familiar w/ Lightroom, I imagine that will happen less and less...

PS can do everything that LR can do except sort/catalog your pictures. The big advantage of LR though is that you can process a group of pictures MUCH faster in LR than in PS. I have been using LR ever since the first edition came out and it has saved me countless hours of editing pictures. It used to take me 10+ hrs to edit a wedding in PS. Now it takes me 2-3 to edit a wedding in LR. The only time I use PS anymore is when I have to do lots of cloning or when I'm resizing for prints.

Bogley BigShot
    Thanks guys! That is what I needed to know. I have been fighting with LR because I had my own dysfunctional way of organizing photos. It's really a mess. Most are on CD's that I have to go through all to find anything, then when I finally started using an external drive it crashed and I lost a year or more of photos. I have turned on the tutorials, but get distracted and never listen. I will do it now I know why and what the program is for.

While on this subject. Today I was going to look up how to copyright a photo. Is that best done in PS and how? You guys are the best!

Thanks guys! That is what I needed to know. I have been fighting with LR because I had my own dysfunctional way of organizing photos. It's really a mess. Most are on CD's that I have to go through all to find anything, then when I finally started using an external drive it crashed and I lost a year or more of photos. I have turned on the tutorials, but get distracted and never listen. I will do it now I know why and what the program is for.

While on this subject. Today I was going to look up how to copyright a photo. Is that best done in PS and how? You guys are the best!
    Are you talking about putting a watermark on a photo? If so, this can be done in LR3 when in the "export" screen.

Bogley BigShot
    That would be perfect!

PS.. just looked at overstock.com

What a cool site! I want one of these when backpacking. Okay, unrealistic, but what a fun thing on a river trip!!!!

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...3/product.html

And this looks so soft!
    http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...0/product.html

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I really like LR3, I think once you use it for a time it becomes the first place to import images to. Sometimes I need further processing than what can be done in LR3, I then just send them to Elements and continue. Stick with it for awhile Tanya, I think you'll like it.

Bogley BigShot
    Thanks!