Thread: Meadow Valley Mountains high point

Meadow Valley Mountains high point

About an hour and a half from Henderson, and 10 miles from hwy 93, I started up from Kane Springs Road towards the high point of the Meadow Valley mountains. It got windy up high, but below the west side of the ridge all was still and very comfortable. Another great hike.

Some of the scattered wreckage en. rt., Delamar Mountains in the distance.

Looking up canyon

More wreckage

Meadow Valley Mountains high point over there, 5772'

Delamar Mountains from high point

Looking north east from the high point

Looking back at point 5678

More wreckage

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/579774981EeANgr

more info on hike - http://www.summitpost.org/cathedral-...ley-mts/406515
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Awesome. That looks like a great hike, and the aircraft wreckage is an added bonus.
    Blog | FB

Very cool stuff, you get out into some pretty remote spots! If you are ever wandering around out there and run into huge limestone alcoves like these found in the Mormon Mountains, let me know.

From Kinder's blog? That's funny.

That climbing spot looks great. Any idear where it is, exactly? I hear rumor folks aren't bothering with any easy routes there....and...I could remedy that...ha ha.

Nice report goofball. Any exposure on the route?

Shaggy's top photo looks like the climb featured on a First Ascents episode last year. They gave the name of the peak -- but I forgot it. It was "about 2hrs NW of Vegas and required a long Jeep ride and then a hike to get to" if I recall.

- Jamal

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post

Shaggy's top photo looks like the climb featured on a First Ascents episode last year. They gave the name of the peak -- but I forgot it. It was "about 2hrs NW of Vegas and required a long Jeep ride and then a hike to get to" if I recall.

- Jamal
    Was it Chris Sharma climbing it on the movie Jamal? It was probably Clark Mountain, the route he did there was called Jumbo Love and is insane! Ya Brian, from Kinders blog, ha. He just says Mormon Mountains, bad road and steep hike but looks worth it. I'd guess the locals in St. George would tell you where it is, especially if you are interested in helping develop it. One of these days I need to learn how to plug bolts so I can help contribute to new route development as well. Sorry Jason for hijacking your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125 View Post
    Sorry Jason for hijacking your thread.
    hijack away. if i ever see any cool limestone walls i'll let you know. did see some routes in colorock quarry hidden up in teh rocks, and some youth group at another location right off the trail into hidden valley in the past. that is all sandstone though. the ones in the rocks looked pretty cool. had a friend go back and climb them but i forget how she said they were.
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post

- Jamal
    the summit block has a 10' or so section of low 5th. mostly stable rock once cleaned. did have a big chunk tilt on me as i was coming down, so i decided not to touch it again.
    signature