Thread: Sleeping bag repair

Sleeping bag repair

I've got two REALLY nice Kelty sleeping bags that my wife and I received for our wedding 6 years ago and we have used mostly for car camping. They're still in excellent shape, but the zippers have busted on both of them. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Is there a service in the area that will repair zippers on a sleeping bag? Any DIY tips? I have a few ideas, but I wouldn't know where to go to find high-quality zippers.
    "I'm the dude, man, so that's what you call me"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There used to be a Kelty/Sierra Designs repair shop in St. George. I simply called the # on the website for my kelty bag, sent it to them and they fixed the zipper and patched a hole for $25, including shipping it back to me. This was a few years ago though but probably still the same.

This is the Kelty reapir #PH: 866-349-7225. Call them and if it's out of warranty they will tell you were to ship and how much it'll be.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

+1 for kirkhams. i used them for zipper replacement twice on different bags. no problems after and it was really cheap. i think one they had to replace the whole zipper, not just the slide.
    signature

often its just the sliders that need to be replaced. unless the teeth are missing of coming unstitched. i have taken a pair of needlenosed pliers and squeezed the rear of the slider gently yet firmly and gotten several more years out of them. replacing the sliders is easy too. just rip some so the stitches at the bottom of the zipper and put on a new slider. then sew it back together.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Did you call Kelty?
    My child carrier was 2 years out of warranty when it broke and they paid for shipping and upgraded me to latest and greatest model for free.

I dont think customer service can get any better then that.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    often its just the sliders that need to be replaced. unless the teeth are missing of coming unstitched. i have taken a pair of needlenosed pliers and squeezed the rear of the slider gently yet firmly and gotten several more years out of them. replacing the sliders is easy too. just rip some so the stitches at the bottom of the zipper and put on a new slider. then sew it back together.

I just did this to the zipper on my Kelty bag and so far it seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I've got two REALLY nice Kelty sleeping bags that my wife and I received for our wedding 6 years ago and we have used mostly for car camping. They're still in excellent shape, but the zippers have busted on both of them. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Is there a service in the area that will repair zippers on a sleeping bag? Any DIY tips? I have a few ideas, but I wouldn't know where to go to find high-quality zippers.
    Hi,we have designer bags repair parts on sale,you can try replace the broken yourself.
    http://www.orderswithin.com/repair-a...ent-c-529.html

Visitors found this page by searching for:

sleeping bag repair in utah

kelty sleepigbag zipper repair

sleeping bag repair salt lake city utah

fixing a broken sleeping bag zipper

sleeping bag zipper replacement services

sleeping bag zipper repair in salt lake city

sleeping bag zipper replacement sacramento area

sleeping bag zipper repair salt lake city

sleeping bag repair salt lake city

where to buy a slider zipper in salt lake city