Thread: Box Canyon

Box Canyon

Sweet little canyon east of Nephi. We hiked the two upper forks, then went back and did Box Canyon. All the conglomerate rock was unique, a nice change up from all the smooth stuff around here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    photos not available to the public... yet.

cant...see.. photos....

Box canyon its pretty cool, I have always wanted to do it from the top down.

Did that help I took off the privicy setting hope that worked

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    No pics here......

What's the full url to the set and we'll get it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by bretoyce View Post
    looks like your entire stream is set to private (aside from one photo)

Very cool! I may have to check this one out. Looks like it would be better in the winter than summer???
    Life is Good

I am not sure on the winter vs summer thing just moved here a month ago to Orem from Phx. So not sure what the summers are like in that canyon?! But since doing a few canyons this winter, I have become a big fan of winter canyoneering the monster icicles and falls add a new level of beauty to the canyons.

Quote Originally Posted by bretoyce View Post
    I am not sure on the winter vs summer thing just moved here a month ago to Orem from Phx. So not sure what the summers are like in that canyon?!
    Really popular in the summer for rock climbing. There's usually a fixed rope at the short little waterfall in the canyon bottom just past where you went up.

I ice climb there a bunch. From you photo's, kinda in order, I see the Dagger, Sandbagger, Maple Syrup, Frozen Lizards and Tennis Shoe Slab (your last shot as you exited the box). Then, you went up the Left Hand Fork by the campground. This is the first year they've plowed the road in to the campground, to my knowledge. The climber was coming down Get Whacked. Then, you have a shot of Bowling Ball Head, climber on Belly Flob Slab (I think) and the final route is Wet Itchies.

For folks that don't know, this is Maple Canyon, right out of Fountain Green and through the town of Freedom (past the turkey farms).

Great shots!

When were you there? We were there a couple weekends ago.

I was there Jan. 28.

Oh, its Maple! I do know were this is. I was not familiar with the "Box Canyon" name. Thanks Brian.
    Life is Good

YAY Maple! Summers are very nice in Box Canyon, nice and cool but crowded on the weekends with climbers and hikers. One thing that should be mentioned is that Box Canyon is on private land, as of now the land owners let us climb and hike there but be EXTRA careful not to trash the place! Pick up garbage, and DON'T poop in the canyon!!!! It wouldn't be that hard for the land owner to cover the place with no trespassing signs, let's don't give them reason to!

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125 View Post
    YAY Maple! Summers are very nice in Box Canyon, nice and cool but crowded on the weekends with climbers and hikers. One thing that should be mentioned is that Box Canyon is on private land, as of now the land owners let us climb and hike there but be EXTRA careful not to trash the place! Pick up garbage, and DON'T poop in the canyon!!!! It wouldn't be that hard for the land owner to cover the place with no trespassing signs, let's don't give them reason to!
    thanks, eric

oh and ... sweet photos!