Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any iPhone Jailbreakers out there?

Any iPhone Jailbreakers out there?

My brother recently moved to Russia and asked me to buy him an iPhone here because they cost $1400 in Moscow. I bought a jailbroken iPhone on KSL for $250 and it was working when I bought it but after I turned it off I could not get back into iOS. It turns out that the phone contains a tethered jailbreak. It used to just display the apple logo but now I only get the itunes + usb cable logo.

I have tried using Redsnow and have tried a ton of things I have read online but I can't get the phone back into iOS. Do any of you have any experience with jailbreaking? I used to Mod xboxes as a living and am normally pretty good with these things but I am just banging my head against the wall at this point.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

opps you said iphone... my bad..

sorry I have no experience on the iphone side, and never will. is there a reset function in the jailbreak applications that will restore it back to retail state?
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Not that I know of. I have tried and been unsuccessful. If I could I am sure I could jailbreak it with a tetherless jailbreak but you have to be inside of iOS .

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

theres a lot of stuff on google for " bricked iphone" idk what ios version your using but i'm sure they have a app somewhere that will recover it...

they have recovery for android so there has to be one for ios

have you tried this program to boot it up?

http://blackra1n.com/

I have the 3G s. I tried blackrain and purplerain. Both appear to need to be in the OS for them to work. So right now I am just trying to figure out how to get back into iOS. Thanks.

This guy is in your neck of the woods and he is really good: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...phone%20repair

I have used him a few times and I highly recommend his work. He knows the inside and out of every iPhone.

Thanks. I had someone else lined up for later tonight but he doesn't look as good as your guy. I just contacted him. Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Disco, what happens when you plug it in and let it sync to itunes (granted I don't have a let of time and skimmed over this thread and might of missed some details) and do a restore?

If you can, then you can restore it back to normal, and then jailbreak it using the latest jailbreak (limerain). If you can get to the original functionality - I can then help you jailbreak it back. Very easy.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Thanks Jman. I have tried but I actually get an error which reads "The iphone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1015)." when I try the restore from iTunes.

The guy Acca recommended and I are going to get together later today, I should be alright.

Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Thanks Jman. I have tried but I actually get an error which reads "The iphone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1015)." when I try the restore from iTunes.

The guy Acca recommended and I are going to get together later today, I should be alright.

Thanks again.
    If he is charging ya to fix it...I would say cancel. It's an easy fix actually for that. You need to edit in a ip address in the hosts file (to bypass a Apple lockdown feature), then you will be able to restore it.

I can outline the steps for ya. But if you aren't going to pay him for the service, then go for it. Otherwise, it's a easy fix, although just time consuming.
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I am planning on paying this guy so if you can help I would love it. I tried editing my host file but still had issues

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Actually, on second thought, I'll make it even easier for ya:

Download TinyUmbrella (http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/), preferrably the Beta for Windows.

Once you download it, pop in the iphone, and start the "tss server" within the program. The TSS server, allows you to restore your iPhone effectively by bypassing the security lockdown. From there, back into iTunes and click restore. Your iPhone should be back in working order until your next step, an untethered jailbreak.

Btw, what's your iPhone make and model?

Let me know what happens...
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

This is a 3G s (the newer model).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    This is a 3G s (the newer model).
    Dd you try the tinyumbrella as I mentioned above?
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Yeah, I tried it but nothing really happened. It said it was running but with little effect. I'll get a screenshot and show you. Thanks for the follow up. I didn't want to be a bother.

I ran the program but none of the information regarding this phone ever populated the information fields:

I would suggest taking it to the pro. You'll spend a ton of your time screwing around with it if your unfamiliar with jailbreaking. It can be very time consuming. IMO, it might be best for you to pony up the cash.

I have all kinds of friends and family come to me. I try to stay low on the radar and say that I don't do it anymore since I am with AT&T. I still stay up to date with the iPhone Dev Team and know that you can now crack 4.2.

Yeah, I hate to admit this but I have spent over 12 hours (thankfully at work :)) on this and have not had much success. I wish I had purchased a different phone that already had a tetherless jailbreak or wasn't jailbroken at all. As it is, I hate how much time I have wasted on this and the fact that you can't pull the battery out of an iPhone drives me crazy!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum