Thread: Presidents Day Weekend anyone?

Presidents Day Weekend anyone?

Anyone have plans for Presidents Day weekend or wants to do something?

I have my eye on a slot south of the North Wash area that's been on the list for a long time.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm planning on going to the Roost or North Wash, or maybe a bit of climbing at the Swell or Independence Monument. What unnamed canyon south of the Wash were you thinking of?

Plant a Presidential Geocache on President's Day 2011

To honor a past President consider finding or planting a Presidential themed geocache in your area.

Do your research on Presidents; find a President that appeals to you, or find a President that visited your area once, or find some other attribute that warrants a Geocache on your chosen President. In return you
    will get some good comments in the log.

You may even decide to start a Travel Bug with a Presidential theme.

Best to plant it early though, as search engines feeds will be working beforehand to find that keyword "President" especially for Presidents Day.

For more suggestion on this idea visit www . historycaching dot us
    Leave me a comment if you decide to start a Presidential geocache as I'd like to hear about it and will give it some extra publicity.

-RKO

"Live from Cape Canaveral"

If your camping down in north wash remember a warm sleeping bag!!! We did Leprechaun friday and Saturday and apperently its tough to sleep when its 18 degrees inside your tent. Probably the worst night ever seeing that my bag is only rated to 32 degrees. (I may have ended up sleeping in the car)

Hey,

Anyone still planning on trying to pack in a little fun this weekend--in the canyons? I'm dying to get out but the weather forecast is looking suboptimal.

Anyone still planning on trying to pack in a little fun this weekend--in the canyons? I'm dying to get out but the weather forecast is looking suboptimal.
    We decided to go snowshoeing instead for Friday-Saturday. I have to work Monday anyway and the weather doesn't look good for canyoneering on the weekend.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.