Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I'll give up

I think I'll give up

I think I'll give up.

We're probably the last family in Craig that doesn't have a snow blower. I didn't get one because I thought it would be good excersize motivation to always shovel the old fashion way. Well, we're buried with another foot and a half of snow (on top of all the snow we already had) and I spent a good part of the evening shoveling it. My wife spent a good part of the morning shoveling it as well.

It is still coming down hard. We're running out of places to put the snow. This time I had to shovel much of it all the way across the street (no one lives on the other side of the street).

More snow on the way:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...d2=-107.55&e=1

Overnight: Snow. Low around 12. West northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow, mainly before 11am. High near 16. Wind chill values as low as -10. North wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -24. Wind chill values as low as -30. Northeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 9. Wind chill values as low as -35. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -15. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 17.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Around here people put a snow push on the front of their ATV's.

get a f250 and do it right
    Name:  1999-1 Les Snowpl&#11.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  84.1 KB
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

dodge charger from the movie out cold.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Front view of the house:

Name:  180120_140199029377&.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  63.5 KB

View out the back windows:

Name:  180120_140199032710&.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  83.5 KB

Name:  180120_140199036043&.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  81.2 KB

At least the top of the deck rails is showing---for now at least. I'm afraid that we're going to run out of room to put all the snow.

Luckily the weather forecast says that it may warm up to a little above freezing next week, so some snow may melt:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...d2=-107.55&e=1
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Yeah the snow blowers are nice. You never run out of room because you blow the snow anywhere you want. Especially if you have one with an auger. I love mine. I had to use it this morning too...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Yeah the snow blowers are nice. You never run out of room because you blow the snow anywhere you want. Especially if you have one with an auger. I love mine. I had to use it this morning too...
    I never had one until this year. It's just a small Honda four stroke but it flings snow great. What a time saver

Let me recommend the Toro 826LE....
    Name:  toro826le..jpg
Views: 360
Size:  119.9 KB

X2 on the Toro just about anything.
    Life is Good

you're going to think I'm full of it...but here in northern New Mexico we would kill for your snow....
    No Snow in Winter --> Forest Fires Next Summer
    Last time we had this little snow they shut down the entire state (parks, forests) the following summer until mid-July to all outdoor activities due to fire dangers....really sucked, I live right next to Bandelier National Monument and the Santa Fe National Forest and couldn't hike in either one
    The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right. (Mark Twain)

I guess my posts are starting to sound like a broken record, but it was another lovely day in Craig, CO.

Name:  180356_140496689347&.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  89.3 KB

-26F this morning, but we managed to briefly squeak out a high of 0F. The windchill is a lovely -48F right now.

Anyway, if we do get a snowblower, I'll probably wait until April. I assume they would be much cheaper then because it's closer to the end of the season.

you're going to think I'm full of it...but here in northern New Mexico we would kill for your snow....
    Yes; lack of snow can be a bad thing. In the mountains around here there are lots of beetle killed pine trees so they are very susceptible to forest fires.

Snow Blowers are for pussies!!!!

Snow Blowers are for pussies!!!!

So are SLC "winters".

Good point though.

Don't listen to Ice. He probably has his "people" doing the work for him.
    Life is Good

Seriously.... I gave my snowblower away to some old people because I never used it. Shoveling snow helps keep me fit.

And my drive way is 3 cars wide and 100' looooonnnnnnggggg..... so I don't want to hear any lips from you pussies....

Let me guess... south facing and sloping. BTW, I too do NOT own a snow blower. But I have done my home work and a Toro is what I would get, just as soon as my early bird saintly neighbors stop doing my driveway for me.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Seriously.... I gave my snowblower away to some old people because I never used it. Shoveling snow helps keep me fit.

And my drive way is 3 cars wide and 100' looooonnnnnnggggg..... so I don't want to hear any lips from you pussies....
    I do the neighbors drives as well... Figure, why not.... On a heavy snow weekend, I'll walk the neighborhood until I run out of gas or drives to clear....

If I was waiting for heavy snows to get exercise to keep in shape, I'd be a fat ba$tard.... Only thing clearing a heavy snow from my driveway 5-7+ times a year is going to do for me, is make me wish I had a Toro 826LE..... But to each their own......it does take up a little space in the garage in the Winter and shed in the Summer....

I have had an Ariens for 5 years. It has been a great blower for me.

Two stage is the ticket! Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/user/AriensChannel

5524E Compact
    Model #932047

MSRP:
    $779 [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
    Winterize Your Family Wonderland

The 5524E Compact is a very cool family choice.

Looking for extra power without the need to provide all the storage space? Ariens

My advice is bag the snow blower and MOVE!
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If I was waiting for heavy snows to get exercise to keep in shape, I'd be a fat ba$tard....
    I try to work out every day... so if it snows I just substitute shoveling for whatever and call it cross-training.

Snowblowers are for pussies and old people....

I do this....

Name:  sn5..jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  66.5 KB

So that I can do stuff like this....

Name:  scruf046..jpg
Views: 1677
Size:  64.3 KB