Thread: Fork Replacement

Fork Replacement

I am looking at the Fox Shox 32 Float RL 140 would that be a good replacement for a Marzocchi Dirtjam pro / 2007 on my Kona Hoss Deluxe.

They give me three sizes when choosing 190 mm 200mm and 220mm how do I know what size I need. Thanks Cor
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That fork would be a huge upgrade compared to what you are riding now. Unless you really like your bike, I would consider buying a new or used bike rather than buying 1 component (fork) that would cost you about half of what your whole bike originally sold for new. I think that this fork is available in the 140 and 150mm configuration or amount of travel. I don't where those other figures came from. In the old days of full suspension, you tried to balance the front travel with the rear travel. I would rather have more rear wheel travel than front if given the option. Kona is a great brand so tough decisions.

Steerer tube sizes they have three different ones. I love the hoss. I am waiting until I graduate USU then moving up to the Santa Cruz Tallboy or something in a 29er.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.

do what I do when I need a new fork..buy a new bike!!!
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

I would get the longest steer tube and just add spacers as needed between the top bearing and the headset. If you were to change to a different frame you would be more likely to have it fit, if it happened to have a longer headtube style. Having the longer steer tube would make the fork more marketable to sell later, as it would fit more frames than just specifically yours.

Thanks