Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: River Plans (Hopes!?) for 2011 and 2012

River Plans (Hopes!?) for 2011 and 2012

Just applied for Salt River for this spring, and will submit applications for Gates of Ladore, Yampa, Middle Fork Salmon, San Juan and 2012 Grand Canyon. Hoping for a Baggage Row down the Grand this fall? Anyone else got some plans too!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

hopefully a packraft on the dirty devil this spring (need some flows!) would like to do the "candylands 8" with a packraft in canyonlands too.

30 days on the grand in february.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    hopefully a packraft on the dirty devil this spring (need some flows!) would like to do the "candylands 8" with a packraft in canyonlands too.

30 days on the grand in february.
    Oh yeah! Forgot about that one too! Dan...I guess you'll be on the Grand in a couple weeks? Dave's going to be there with you I think. He's the one that has peaked my interest in Packrafting. I did Cataract with him in October. Maybe I'll see if I can hike down to Lava when you guys do some exchanges. Hope to see you?!
    Bo

Bogley BigShot
    Sounds fun!

Got a Deso permit end of May, applied for Yampa/Lodore, and Salmon. Gonna try for Dolores and a bunch of WW trips.

dave nally? there will be a good group hiking in at lava, be cool if you came down! hope to see you.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    dave nally?
    yep @dnally

Alex, if you ever have an open seat for a WW trip and need help with a shuttle or something....let me know....I'd love to do that run sometime I'm just up the river
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

dave nally? there will be a good group hiking in at lava, be cool if you came down! hope to see you.
    Yes, Dave Nally. I've had the pleasure of doing a fair amount of hiking with Dave, and 3 river trips. I'll try hard to get the day off that you all are doing the Lava Swap and hike down and maybe assist carrying out some gear? Cheers!
    Bo

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Got a Deso permit end of May, applied for Yampa/Lodore, and Salmon. Gonna try for Dolores and a bunch of WW trips.
    Jack Tillinghast (the fellow that Tanya and I did lower half GC with) suggested that he was putting together a Deso trip this spring with Dale "OC" and other "Old Timers", and that he'd let me know? I really look forward to any and all river trips this year. I'm hopelessly bittin' by the bug Alex!

Bogley BigShot
    OC Dale is Cool!!!!! On no! Another river rat! Bo and Alex both bitten!

I also applied for a San Juan permit.

Since I'm pretty busy in summer I haven't planned many river trips, but parts of the Upper Colorado, Yampa, Colorado R above Moab, Flaming Gorge and San Rafael are on the list. Mostly just standard stuff.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

We put in for the m fork of the salmon. Hope we draw.

Mark, what days did you apply for?

Bo, Deso permits are easy and the trips themselves are very straight forward in planning and execution. If you need help, let me know. I am a pro on Deso now :)

XJ, do you have a boat?

Mark, what days did you apply for?

Bo, Deso permits are easy and the trips themselves are very straight forward in planning and execution. If you need help, let me know. I am a pro on Deso now :)

XJ, do you have a boat?
    I think we put in for around the 15th of July.
    Alex have you had any experience with Vanguard rafts? I have a Hyde drift boat I am going to sell and have been looking at a new raft. My old raft has seen its better days. My buddies have bought several Vanguards and seem to really like them.

Mark

XJ, do you have a boat?
    No I don't.
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

XJ, I will let you know if I have spots available for passengers.

Mark, we put in for July 14-17 for Main Salmon. MF should be great during that time.

Vanguards are decent boats. A lot of people use them and love them. They are glued PVC boats. I've heard good feedback about them though. If it's your first boat and you are just getting your feet wet, then a Vanguard package will be perfect.

My neighbor up the street just bought a Vanguard last year and he likes it. I am in love with my Maravia though and partially biased in my opinion :) You are welcome to come by my house and we can talk boats.

I'll go on any river invite that Alex tells me about with more than @4 hours notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'll go on any river invite that Alex tells me about with more than @4 hours notice.
    I'll see his 4 hours notice and raise him $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    BS, you didn't come through on the last 4 invites! I need another bow bunny now