Thread: Misshap Snowshoeing

Misshap Snowshoeing

I was showshoeing up skyline south trail on North Ogden pass. I recorded some video with my iPhone 4 and Joby Gorillapod for iPhone. As I came to the ridge, the snow got very icy. My uphill ice feild skills are exellent, and you can watch this video to see how my downhill skills are.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like a fun trip. Get yourself some poles man! They have them at REI garage sales for like $17.
    Let's Roll

Looks like fun to me :).. Screw poles.. get an Ice Axe :) HEHE
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Other than that, how's the snow? I've never been on that side, maybe a snowshoe trip would be good. Do you still need the snowshoes on it?

I did have poles on the way, but they hadn't arrived yet. They are here now. So maybe the next video will have poles featured. The trail is packed down in the shade areas, up on top where the sun shines, it gets real crusty, hence the slide and introduction to my new friend, scrub oak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Other than that, how's the snow? I've never been on that side, maybe a snowshoe trip would be good. Do you still need the snowshoes on it?
    We snowshoe'd the Coldwater Canyon trail up under two miles. The trail was packed downed good. We attempted to build some snow trenches just below the top. The snow was five feet deep last weekend.