Thread: Deer Creek Perchapalooza

Deer Creek Perchapalooza

My friend and I went up to DC this morning, almost a bit to early. Got there about 7am and it was dark and snowing! With the warmer weather we tested the ice to make sure it was good. No slush at all, just the fresh snow we were getting pounded with. We fished south of the Island, and tried to find our sweet spot from the other day but couldn't get it exact. Started in 48ft of water and hardly any bites. We drilled around and found the spot we wanted and then it was on! I fished with my Little Cleo with a hook about 6 inches below with a worm just inches off the bottom. The hits came in waves, but you would have one on both pole at a time. I had to leave by 10 so I could get my butt to work

My friend is still out there and I am sure he will hit his limit. In 2 hours worth of catching I ended with 33 Perch and 1 Rainbow and he was about the same. Only saw one other group out fishing this morning. Untill next time....

Name:  IMG_0153..jpg
Views: 348
Size:  261.8 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's a lot of fish. You eat it all, freeze some, give it away...what?

I been giving away all the trout I keep, but tomorrow night I will be slicing and dicing up all these guys. Going to try some Perch Chowder.

Daaaang!!!!!!!! Nice. Might have to make my way up to DC tomorrow if I can talk a friend into coming along!!!!

Hell yeah. Perch are fantastic. I love feeding frenzies. I've only done my fishing in Michigan but perch are the fish of choice there too. I once had multiple poles and it was going off enough to where I looked down and my entire pole was gone. The next weekend I caught a fish with the same lure still stuck in his mouth, pole gone. He must of had a rough couple of hours!

I heard perch were considered garbage fish in Utah 20 years ago or so. People would catch them and let them freeze on the ice. Any truth?

Quote Originally Posted by tmartenst View Post
    I heard perch were considered garbage fish in Utah 20 years ago or so. People would catch them and let them freeze on the ice. Any truth?
    Yeah thats how I heard that it was. Never really went for the perch till about 10 years ago with anyone. Now some of the relatives call the Trout the trash fish.

Nice bunch of perch. They pretty big out of DC this year?
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

The biggest was about 11 inches, and a couple down as low 5 inches. I would love to see more big ones come out of there.

livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH