Thread: Fifth Water Hot Springs

Fifth Water Hot Springs

Hello my name is Jameson and I am pretty new to bogley. I have a question. How are the trails up at fifth water into the hot springs me and a handful of friends are going up to the hot springs and we dont know if we are going to need snow shoes or not. Yeah we could just take them to be safe but we would have to rent them and we dont want to pay to rent them if we are just going to turn around and not use them. If any of you could help me out that would be awesome.

Of FYI we are going up this Wednesday 01/19/11 cause it will be a full moon. Also, if anyone wants to come with us we will probably meet at the little acorn in the mouth of the canyon and carpool up to save on gas.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jameson13 View Post
    Hello my name is Jameson and I am pretty new to bogley. I have a question. How are the trails up at fifth water into the hot springs me and a handful of friends are going up to the hot springs and we dont know if we are going to need snow shoes or not. Yeah we could just take them to be safe but we would have to rent them and we dont want to pay to rent them if we are just going to turn around and not use them. If any of you could help me out that would be awesome.

Of FYI we are going up this Wednesday 01/19/11 cause it will be a full moon. Also, if anyone wants to come with us we will probably meet at the little acorn in the mouth of the canyon and carpool up to save on gas.
    Snowshoes aren't required, as it's a very heavily traveled path. Bring winter boots and you'll be fine. Although I like driving to the "back entrance" instead if the front one. 45min walk (all down hill) compared to 3miles uphill (albeit little elevation gain) is a much better choice, although it depends if that road has been plowed recently and if your car has 4x4 drive.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

full moon?
    watch out for naked hippies and werewolves

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    full moon?
    you say that as though there is a difference between the two
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee View Post
    you say that as though there is a difference between the two
    I just figured everyone knew that werewolves were always naked

Does anyone know how the back roads are?? WE will have SUV but not really big ones so maybe the lower entrance will be better. If its nice and plowed or the rain has melted most let me know and also let me know how to get to the back entrance. Thanks for all the info and suggestions any others would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Which one is scarier is the question for sure. I would say naked hippie, the werewolf would at least put you out of your misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    werewolves smell better.