Thread: Canyoneering Partner

Canyoneering Partner

I am new to this website but wanted to give it a try. I am an experienced mountaineer with limited knowledge of canyoneering but would like to hook with someone this spring for a few days in Southern Utah. I have done one technical Slot in the Roost, it was a blast but not too hard. I live in Jackson Wyoming, my car is a sedan, runs good or I would pay all gas for a trip if you have a four wheel drive.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

welcome to the forum wyboy. this is a great place to meet new partners, and once canyoneering season rolls around, i imagine there will be dozens of trips, and many folks extend invitations.

keep an eye out in march and april, and stay active on the forum. it's pretty easy to find like minded people to hook up with.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    welcome. good advice in the post above. offers to share gas from carpooling, cary ropes for the hike, help too.

hmmm Jackson. Climbing the Grand has been on my bucket list maybe we can swap trips.

Thanks for responding to my post. I’ll keep watching the form. I climbed the Grand last summer for the first time in several years. I have put in for a permit on Aug. 19 and 20 for the Lower Saddle camp area. (Should know in a week or so if I got it.) I was hoping to get a week trip in March or April for slot canyons.

If you hav not done so already look at the web site ACA-Canyoneering form and search for the Meetups area, there are numerous meet ups for canyoneering. I believe there are a couple in the spring already scheduled.

Hello and welcome my friend. I am a pretty avid canyoneer but I wouldn't call myself a pro. Which slot did you do in the Roost? Blue John? I love that whole area and I am planning on a trip there late April. I am also wanting to do some canyons any time in the next month or 2 as well. I am for sure going to be going to Zions in the next month, weather or not I do technical canyons is still a question. I live in SLC, UT.
    Let us know what you are wanting or looking for and when. I'll keep you posted as things transpire.
    -Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanbux View Post
    going to Zions in the next month
    There is only one. Just sayin'.

My utmost apologies to the National Park grammar Nazi -

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbrejcha View Post
    There is only one. Just sayin'.
    He CLEARLY meant the bank, I'm sure. There are plenty of them:

https://banking.zionsbank.com/blocat...p.html?bid=101

(Yo - WyoKid, this is the kind of witty banter we encourage here on Bogley!)

Tom