Thread: Early Bird at Deer Creek

Early Bird at Deer Creek

I was fortunate enough to have a screaming child wake me up early today and made the best of it by logging a few hours at Deer Creek.

It was still dark when I arrived and another vehicle pulled up as I got my gear together. Turns out, it was blueboy22 and it was nice to meet him. We were first in the area and onto the ice. We set up shop within an earshot of each other and got busy.

The fishing was pretty slow and the bites were quick and light. My rigs got occasional knocks, but I couldn't seem to set the hook in time. After several bites came and went, I finally decided to park myself right next to the busier rod and some small rainbows hit the ice.

While getting my first three catches of the day, the ice transformed into a tent city, but luckily the crowds were closer to the island than where I was. There were still quite a lot of people in the area, but everyone kept their distance.

Blueboy22 decided to try a different part of the lake and hopefully he got into some bruisers where he ended up. I stuck around for a couple more hours and finished up with a limit, plus a few that went back in the hole to grow.

Oh yeah, I also caught a humongous albino cutthroat and what I believe to be a new species. Can't forget those.

(Gotta keep yourself entertained when the bite's slow.)

So the fishing wasn't on fire, but I caught enough to keep me content and got home in time to catch most of the playoff games (Go BEARS!). Nice day!

Happy Fishing, Humans.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That Albino sure is a beast! I almost joined you there this morning.
    Drove by at about 7 am and the way Provo Canyon was I didn't know if I wanted to go up to Strawberry again. We made it up there and the roads weren't bad. My friends knocked them dead up there. My wife and I hit a few, then we got to DC after 1:30 to give it a shot where it was warmer for her. After we moved a couple times we hooked into some Perch and 5 bows. My friends got a bunch too. I was a great day.

Name:  IMG_0146..jpg
Views: 116
Size:  86.9 KB

Jeez Loah, I knew you were a pretty good fisherman but an artist too? That's some mighty fine snow art!

Great report guys, nice fish
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Yeah cool report and drawings in the ice!