Thread: Bill would permit shooting feral animals

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You mean you can't kill feral animals anyways?

I'm still waiting for the "feral" liberal laws to come into effect.

Nothing could go wrong with this...

several years ago in our local newspaper ther was a letter to the editor. it was from a woman who's cat was shot while roaming in a farmers field. she accused the shooter of brutally murdering her cat.

well that got me thinking and i made up a joke. how do you tell a domestic cat from a feral cat? shoot it and see who bitches about it in the newspaper. i thought it was hilarious, my wife, not so much.

anyway a couple years later while watching the news with my wife a story came on about the city of auckland starting on a campaign to reduce the number of feral cats in the city. but there main obstacle was that they could not tell the difference between a domestic and a feral cat. i jumped up off the couch and said "i know how to do it!". my wife just rolled her eyes because she knew exactly where i was going with this. shoot it and see who bitches about it in the newspaper. as a side note, i have seen cats in several wilderness areas over the years competing with the native animals for the resources.

if your family pet is running loose and not under your direct supervision then its your own damn fault if it gets shot. that includes the cat you let out for the night. after all they are the are the most indiscriminate and efficient killers out there. same with dogs chasing stock or wild game, shoot em.

oh yea, and she is not my wife anymore, but that another story.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

My family used to always have a couple of cats for pets and to control rodents on our farm. We knew one thing if you kept them fed they usually didn't wander off. But we always had feral or neighborhood cats coming into the farm that would start shit and claw up our cats. My dad didn't bat an eye about shooting them and after that he would throw them in the road and make it look like they were hit by a car.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice