Thread: Snowbasin Expansion

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Snowbasin Expansion

See how to embed KSL Videos in your posts

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13974681

Weber County vote allows for Snowbasin Resort expansion
    January 12th, 2011 @ 10:48am
    By Associated Press
    OGDEN, Utah (AP) -- Weber County is giving the green light to a zoning request to let Snowbasin Resort expand.
    The Standard-Examiner reports the Weber County Commission unanimously approved the rezoning plan on Tuesday.
    Snowbasin Resort Co. sought permission to build homes, condominiums, hotels and golf courses on 3,808 acres.
    The company says it'll limit development to about 755 acres, or about 20 percent of the project area, and will protect sensitive lands.
    Snowbasin plans to collect a 1 percent reinvestment fee from initial residential property sales to pay for recreational amenities.
    Snowbasin's overall plan includes another 8,000 acres in nearby Morgan County.

I don't like this. Why in hell do we need another golf course? And more housing up there? Dameeet I am stingy.

Sorry not a golfer and seems like a waste of water to me to keep the greens green. Maybe they will build all the houses in spots that will slide off the mountain.

Guess look on the positive maybe they will develop more mountain bike trails to beef up summer activities.
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

How about a shower facility for the Ragnar Runners people.....!

The hot issue for me is where exactly will it expand to? What about the bike/hike trails?

Good point.
    Chere'

They head towards Cold Water or IceBox Canyons and there will be trouble. I'm a Mtn Biker on the Edge!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    They head towards Cold Water or IceBox Canyons and there will be trouble. I'm a Mtn Biker on the Edge!
    I will join you!
    Chere'

So other individuals forms of recreation are less valid than your own? (stir, stir)

Quote Originally Posted by Skylinerider View Post
    So other individuals forms of recreation are less valid than your own? (stir, stir)
    Yes, I could careless about a golf course there are enough of those in this world. Could careless if people have a place to stay up at Snowbasin it only takes 45min to drive up from Ogden. I like that there are no condo's and the rest of the crap that goes with them. Expand the areas to ski, bike and hike that makes me happy. Don't care about the rest... it is just money in Sinclair's pockets and more congestion on the mountain. Mostly likely it will come with ridiculous pass prices. I feel the same way about Powder Mountain. They were/are one of the best kept secrets. Granted I had a ball at Snowbird and the terrain was amazing but it was ridiculous driving up there in the morning for the price you pay. SNB and PM are not as cheap as the use to be but when you live in Ogden it doesn't take long to get there and typically even on the weekend they are never as crowded as the SLC and PC resorts. I know change is inevitable but I can wish for it to stay as it is. Stir away sir.
    Chere'