Thread: Ski Patrol at Solitude telling us off

Ski Patrol at Solitude telling us off

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Dam outta control snowboarders! You are having way too much fun with the camera Justin.
    Chere'

not really sure what I just saw

Mark and I were stopped in the middle of the hill. The protective Ski Patrol shooshed us on our way.

If you read the fine print on the back of your pass you will find that you agreed to follow the skiers responsibly code...

Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
    People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
    You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
    Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
    Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
    Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
    Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.

Strange they even said anything considering every time I ride some skier/boarder tries to use me as slalom gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Mark and I were stopped in the middle of the hill. The protective Ski Patrol shooshed us on our way.
    I thought only snowboarders obstructed runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    I thought only snowboarders obstructed runs.
    He is a snowboarder! Plopping his butt down in the middle of the hill.... how inconsiderate! Damn punk. (Never mind the skier standing in the middle of the hill doing nothing. *waves hand* there is nothing to see here.)
    Last edited by blueeyes; 01-11-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Move along.....
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    If you read the fine print on the back of your pass
    psshhhhtt

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    psshhhhtt
    Figures. All boarders are juvenile delinquents.

Snowbird or Alta Anyone? just kidding. Solitude is a GREAT resort, but I get a comment from the Ski Patrol every time I'm there. Got off the lift and noticed they had some "Support your local Ski patrol" T-shirts for sale. They were hanging on some ski poles right as you get off the lift. I stopped and was considering buying one until a Ski Patrol asked me to move out of the unloading area. I was quite a ways beyond the unloading area. He then grabbed the T-shirts and poles and moved them. I (in a very suttle way) let him know that it would be hard to support such a jerk-off. He gave me a look, then realized I don't like to be looked at. Not like that anyway. Sombeech fell while unloading (sorry man, it news and I'm just a reporter) and one of lift operators came out and asked if he was ok. We laughed and said yes (sort of, since he hurt his coccyx or commonly known as Tail bone). Then the guy tells us to move out of the landing area! DOUCH BAGS!! Anyway, I'm sure they're just looking out for our safety, but hey, if I want to be safe, I'll get a bag of pork rinds and sit on my fat ass in front of a TV instead!! HUH, I said Coccyx. We did laugh about that for a while!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Damn Skiers!! Stands there looking stupid, while his poor snowboarder buddy is catching his breath in a steep blind spot!! You know, I love this Forum so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    Damn Skiers!! Stands there looking stupid, while his poor snowboarder buddy is catching his breath in a steep blind spot!! You know, I love this Forum so much!
    Is that you standing there??? That is even better!!! Alta or Snowbird anyone?
    Chere'

Yes, I admit it! Hell, they yell at me every time I'm there!