Thread: Froze out on the Berry

Froze out on the Berry

Today I got back up to the same place my friend and I hit on Sunday. This time I was on the ice about 7:30am and it was COLD! I got my tent up and heater going, which I didn't use either the other day. That almost wasn't good enough either. My toes froze for the first time this year. I fished there for about 3.5 hours and it wasn't the same as the other day at all. I had only a few hits in a couple hours. And finally I started packing up and finally hooked me a rainbow. Then about 10 mins later I pulled out a Cutty at about 19 inch. Talk about a dissapointment after the other day.

Well I wasn't done fishing yet so I headed over to Deer Creek. I thought I would check out Rainbow Bay, and saw a few people out there so it must be thick enough. I walked out a ways to where I hooked into a ton of perch last year, but looking at all the cracks and the sounds of the ice popping didn't sit well with me. I drilled one hole and the ice was just over 3 inches thick. The sound that ice made as I punched through made me not stay long out there. I headed towards the shoreline on the south side. I had a few small hits in 15 ft of water, and after about an hour and a half I finally had a fighter. Pulled out a 17 inch fat Rainbow. After that I had nothing.... It was a slow day, but still good to not get skunked at either place.

Name:  IMG_0122..jpg
Views: 126
Size:  74.5 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You lucky SOB. I think. I was sitting in a nice warm office, but I think I would rather have been fishin'.

I would rather be freezing out fishing just about any day then being at work too. To bad work wins for the rest of the week.