Thread: Soldier Creek Today

Soldier Creek Today

My friend John and I went up to Soldier Creek this morning. Got setup about 8am right as the sun was lighting up the clouds. It was a little breezy but not to bad. We got our holes drilled and had my first hit within a minute. The bite was all for a couple hours. We both missed a ton, but we did still manage to pull out about 14. The rainbows were all below 15 in and the most the Cutts were around that 20 in mark. John did hook into a 25 inch one though, it sure made the day. Shot a little bit of some video for todays trip...
    check it out

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great looking fish. Never been ice fishing always seems too ?
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

That was an awesome fish! Pretty hardcore tunes for an ice fishing video but those were some awesome clips none the less!

Oh and what's with the Powerade man? I thought ice fishing=beer drinking??

I will wait for the season to warm up a little for the beer. Last time we took some it was foam cause of the cold.

Too cold for beer? Scotch!

I guess your right I just need to take some of the hard stuff next time! Well I am going back out tomorrow

Cool video man! You guys rocked it!

What a pig your buddy caught!

Nice day! great colors on those fish.
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Nice Fishin man! I loved the video, it was very cool seeing how you work the two holes.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Heading back again tomorrow. I hope the two holes give me some good action

Nice job! Looks like you've found the good action at Strawberry. Most people have reported much slower success so far this year.

Cool video!

That GoPro looks pretty rad (and not a terrible price for HD), but do they sell anything with a normal lens?
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH View Post
    Nice job! Looks like you've found the good action at Strawberry. Most people have reported much slower success so far this year.

Cool video!

That GoPro looks pretty rad (and not a terrible price for HD), but do they sell anything with a normal lens?
    Yeah we finally got into some action. My friend has his sweet spot picked out. I caught more yesterday then all my other trips combined.

The GoPro has been awesome, but as for a normal lens there isn't anything. They are that fixed focus 170 degree view.
    I bought a clamp mount for it and have it on my shovel so I just stick it in the snow instead of a tripod. And I took this picture with it too. Even a 5 megapixel it is pretty good.
    Name:  GOPR3060..jpg
Views: 266
Size:  68.6 KB

livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Excellent footage. What did you edit with?

Thanks!
    I used Windows Live Movie Maker for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by wes242 View Post
    Thanks!
    I used Windows Live Movie Maker for this one.
    How did you speed it up? I didn't think you could slow it down or speed it up with WLMM.
    Also, have you tried putting your gopro underwater as you're reeling one in?

They used to not have that feature so I got Corel Video Studio, but it looks like Windows Live has been updated since I last used it, and they had a few new features. I put the go pro under water through the hole once to see what it looked like down below back up and it wasn't as exciting as I hoped for. But I do need to give it another try, with a fish on the line for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by wes242 View Post
    but it looks like Windows Live has been updated since I last used it, and they had a few new features.
    Cool, maybe it was even this week since I did my Solitude video. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.