Thread: East Canyon

East Canyon

Couple of buddies & I hit East Canyon Resv this a.m. We fished from 7:30-noon & found the trout in around 40' of water on the far east side of the lake. Ice was about 6" thick & aside from a little snow on top, smooth & crystal clear.

Final tally was 5 bows. I caught 4 & one other guy caught the other. The first was only 10-12" so back he went, while the others went home for dinner. I forgot how much I HATE picking out the pin bones. lol But, all in all, it was a fun time. Not too cold and very little wind.

Tonight, I cooked up the trout using a new recipe that sounded good. Turned out not too shabby, though I would make some tweaks if I made it again.

Also found out that there's a perch derby at Pineview on the 29th. Plannin on hittin that. :) Also, there's a burbot tourney coming up at Flaming Gorge from the 22nd to the 29th with cash & prizes for biggest & most caught. Wish I could go as I've ALWAYS wanted to try my hand at burbot & I hear they taste excellent.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hey, that dish looks pretty tasty. I'd love to get more creative with the way I cook mine if I could only fillet worth a damn. Nice job getting out and pulling some of that meat out of there.

That perch derby at PV on the 29th...

Are you referring to the UWN Perch Party? I know that forum is having an event there, but it's not an official contest or anything, just a bunch of members getting together, although there will be prizes.

(There's also a little get together at Fish Lake that day, where I'll probably be.)
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Hey LOAH. Yeah, I just signed up on there today. Somehow, I just wasn't surprised when I saw your name all over the place. ;)

As for the fish fillets, I found this video:

My next issue is taking out those blasted pin bones.

And yes, that is the perch gathering I heard about. Dunno why I thought it was a tourney. Anywho, I've got 4 days off that weekend, so I'm certainly gonna be there. Been YEARS since I've had perch & I've never caught one.

Hey man great report! That dish does look tasty.

Nice!! Did you post that recipe in the cooking section, looks delicious!
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH