Thread: Review:Coleman Lime Rice w/Pintos

Review:Coleman Lime Rice w/Pintos

I have seen these Coleman brand meals popping up around here and decided to get a few and try them out. I like the Mountain House stuff, but it is good to see more options.

I picked up the Cilantro Lime Rice w/Pintos at Cabela's for $5.

Nutrition Info:
    Serving Size 4 oz. (113g)
    Servings 1
    Calories 410

It was pretty easy and quick to cook up. You can either add boiling water to the pack or add the pack of rice to a pot of boiling water. One feature that is neat is the package has measuring lines and clear packaging so you can know how much water you are adding without having to have a measuring cup.

If you wanted to make it even more packable you could just open the main pack and place the 2 smaller packs in a ziplock freezer bag. (You can still cook it up just adding everything to the freezer bag, or just use the pot method.)

I did the "add mix to boiling water" method. I stirred the rice in, placed a lid on the pot, and set the timer for 7 minutes. (Package says 5-7)

When the timer went off I added the spice packet and thought it looked a little soupy. After sitting for a few minutes the water got soaked up and didn't seem watery any more.

This dish has great taste. You really can taste the chili pepper and the lime. I had some Tabasco on hand, but didn't even need add it.
    The rice and beans would be fine for a light lunch, or as part of a lunch to share with someone. It would be excellent with some tortillas, and a pouch of chicken to make burritos. With this method, I think there would be enough rice for 5-7 burritos. We have done this is the past. We place the tortillas in foil and warm them up on the edge of the fire.

The packaging doesn't say much about shelf life, but I would imagine it is years.

Pretty good stuff, think i will be using it. I am excited to try some of the other stuff I picked up.

Let's Roll

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

iPhone.