Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon vs. eBay

Amazon vs. eBay

Which do you prefer and where do you shop primarily? I used to be mostly an ebayer, but over the past few years it's mostly Amazon. I seem to find the best deals on Amazon and their site is much more user friendly. The shipping is very fast too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Amazon for sure. Haven't used eBay in years.
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

I don't mean to sound like an advertisement but I LOVE Amazon. And Amazon Prime for $79 a year is a bargain if you make a point to buy things there. $4 for overnight shipping and free 2-day shipping rocks. Gotta have that instant gratification when I'm buying a new toy.

BTW, you Bogleyites ought to buy your Amazon stuff through the Bogley Amazon ad on the main forum page. Unlike Google ads it's totally legit for the website (or me) to recommend that you click on them and make purchases. They don't get pay per click like Google ads but they get a commission for each purchase that can really add up. I've been taking full advantage of it on my site for years.

I am still a student at USU. So my wife and I use KSL.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

Amazon and Craigslist.

My wife has us getting free Amazon Prime since she signed up for Amazon MOM's and makes qualifying purchases. Love the free 2 day shipping on all my xbox wants.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    KSL, Amazon and occasionally Ebay.. Last Christmas I did all of my shopping from Amazon. It was great! This year I did it all last minute in Ogden and it sucked. Next year AMAZON!
    Chere'

Amazon
    eBay
    Overstock.com
    Sierra Trading Post

I've done 100% of my Christmas shopping over the interwebs for the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    My wife has us getting free Amazon Prime since she signed up for Amazon MOM's and makes qualifying purchases. Love the free 2 day shipping on all my xbox wants.
    You can get a free year of Prime if you have a .edu email address.

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    Really??? I have and .edu have to look into that.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Really??? I have and .edu have to look into that.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

Now you have done it. Shopping for the Wii! Need two more controllers a charger and a few games.
    Chere'

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Amazon

hmm... I've got a @......k12.ut.us address, I wonder if that would work

Don't have one and she would be signed up for Amazon MOM's anyway since it gives a 30% discount on diapers and wipes

All of the above.

Amazon, Ebay, REI, Campsaver, Nashbar, Backcountry, Performance Bike, Campmor, Cambria Bike, Sierra Trading Post, Price Point, and too many others to name.

Amazon tends to get a good bit of business from me but I can always find most any item, however obscure, on ebay. Lately I've been picking up good quality and fashionable enough bike jerseys on ebay for dirt cheap. Books and CD's and DVD's and Bluerays can likewise be scoured for hot deals if you're wary of the shipping charges. Prices at REI are also quite reasonable once I factor in free shipping at $75, occasional 20% coupons, and a 10% dividend plus another 3% from the REI Visa. I can get price matching and near immediate shipping from the Campsaver shop here in town. Backcountry and their kin only take one day longer.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Amazon for sure.

Where is a poll?
    The man thong is wrong.

Amazon, Amazon, Amazon.

Amazon.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    Amazon, Amazon, Amazon.

Amazon.
    I hate to break the streak... oh wait, no really, I LOVE to break the streak -

For books I go to Amazon and look at the used, but my first stop for books is directly to Powells books. If nothing real cheap there, I go to Amazon and comparison shop.

For real computer stuff, NewEgg every time.

for general gadgetry, Amazon for sure. Music downloads - straight to Amazon, though i often look for an artist direct website when it seems possible (BucketHead Rules!!)!

Used CDs, about the only time I go to eBay these days. Though I check there for "Jrat" items and "Zion National park" obscure historic publications (though I seem to have a full set) every now and then.

Amazon Prime rocks! Been burned too many times on ebay. Smith biking sunglasses listed as excellent condition came with the rubber nose pads missing. Fox bike jersey listed as nearly new condition and XL size was so worn and faded I couldn't even read the clothing tag and was so small it wouldn't fit my neighbors 10 year old.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    I couldn't even read the clothing tag and was so small it wouldn't fit my neighbors 10 year old.
    Doh!