Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adventures around "The Wave"

Great Post

I'm heading out there in two weeks, we won the lottery, and this post gives some great ideas. Thanks all!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Fun photos!!!!

If anyone is still following this thread:

There is a single ticket open for the Wave on Saturday March 12:

https://www.blm.gov/az/paria/hikingc...29f939532725TR

Quote Originally Posted by DWayne27 View Post
    So how about a little guidance on the best way to actually get permits to the Wave? It has been on my list for a while, and every time I think about trying to get permits, it seems impossible and overwhelming. Should I just keep trying my luck at the lottery?
    The one time that I went to the Wave, I tried to get tix on-line but every day was booked for something like the next 6 months. So I drove to page, then next day drove to some ranger station in Kanab and purchased a walk-in ticket for the next day. Next day at Wave, even though web-site said all 10 lottery tix had been purchased, I was only person there all day. I camped at Wave Trailhead and hiked to Wave again as a single group of people came and had an extra ticket. This was in winter, and the road from HWY 89 down to the Wave was a complete mess--south of the wave down to HWY 89A was fine.

To make long story short, I believe the ranger station in Kanab, if I remember correctly, holds something like 5 tickets each day for walk-ins. Also, Wire Pass slot canyon (heading down 1 mile into Buckskin Gulch) and the Wave share a common Trailhead.