Thread: Healing bruised but from boarding

Healing bruised but from boarding

I have been learining to board this year It is fun, when everything goes right.

I ride regular, and on my 1st lesson, the conditions became really icy and I caught an edge and hit my but real hard. I had a lesson a week later, it partially healed and I hit it a few more times. Then I had a lesson a couple days later, Monday, and I hit it again. So, today, it has started to swell down, but I have a lesson on Saturday, that I don't want to miss. (I'm doing the earn to learn at Snowbasin.) My sister suggested, and I have been taking Arnica, in the gel and pill form.

Is there anything else that I could do between now and Saturday that would elliviate the pain. I can walk and stuff. But, I am just dreading crashing on Sat. I know that it is inevitable as the learning on the boarding is harder than sking. I have crash pads that I will be wearing. They will help.

But any suggestions, woudl be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Duct tape a pillow to your arse! This is why I can't snowboard, I fall on the right butt cheek EVERYTIME and it hurts like hell.

Good luck!
    Chere'

Sorry, not much I can advise on the healing process, but I can help you from falling. I'm sure you know this but you've been catching your rear edge of the board. Try not to stand flat on your board. Constantly be on your toes or heels. Your legs will burn out FAST, and this is why you always see the beginner boarders sitting on the hillside. But if you can constantly be carving, this will eliminate a lot of falls.

The groomed stuff is really tempting to just relax and stand up straight but that's where you'll catch your edge.

Learn to start falling forward!

Depends on where the injury is, would depend how to treat it. I usually for muscle pain use ice for the first 24 hours, then heat until it is not bothering me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Sorry, not much I can advise on the healing process, but I can help you from falling. I'm sure you know this but you've been catching your rear edge of the board. Try not to stand flat on your board. Constantly be on your toes or heels. Your legs will burn out FAST, and this is why you always see the beginner boarders sitting on the hillside. But if you can constantly be carving, this will eliminate a lot of falls.

The groomed stuff is really tempting to just relax and stand up straight but that's where you'll catch your edge.
    This is exactly what is happening. When I get on the toe edge I start to relax and bam!!!. I hit on my left side. I haven't fallen too much on my heel side. For some reason, I am more compentent on that side right now.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Duct tape a pillow to your arse! This is why I can't snowboard, I fall on the right butt cheek EVERYTIME and it hurts like hell.
    I'll try ths and see if I can fit a pillow into the ski pants. That is hilarious, but I agree, it hurts like hell when I land on it.

Bubble wrap might work as well.
    Chere'

protection for the booty
    Chere'

The booty needs protection. Hopefully, I can ride better and not fall. :)

Otherwise, after the lesson, I will pull out the skis.

Well, made it through Day 4 of boarding. I was amost linking turns. That toe edge is really finicky. The snow was softer and I did not fall too much. I am looking forward to day 5 next Sat.

Chere'

I feel your pain. I aced one dismounting from the ski lift yesterday, landed on my butt. Fortunately that was my only fall. But it was enough to leave me on the ground for a minute blocking the unloading zone.

Yes, they slowed down the lift for me.

I always feel bad for the people who crash off the lift. It seems that everyone has done it at one time.

Oh, I want thaaat!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.