Thread: My new addition

My new addition

Look what Santa brought me for Christmas. I guess I was a really good boy. What I've got here is a colt LE rifle, SOPMOD stock by LMT, EO Tech, vertical grip by bobro, and the quad rail is pretty cool. I guess one of the owners from "get some" designed it and LAR Grizzly produces it. I thought it was cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow now that is bad ass! Very cool rifle man.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Yeah that is very cool. Nice design on the cards there. What's the 4" rod I see just above the trigger? Safety or something? Never seen that before either.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Wait... So is it a Colt or a LAR Grizzly? Cause Colt's pretty cool, but the Grizzly is bad@ss. Either way, Congrats.

DC - 4" bar? I think it must be a glare from the picture cause I'm not sure what your seeing there.

Ilanimaka - It's a Colt. Don't know much about the LAR Grizzly but I do know that Colt meets all the specs for USMIL and that's good enough for me. However, LCRW is making some bad ass gas piston rifles which might be the next purchase.

LAR Grizzly is to the AR like Cooper is to the bolt rifle. High quality & costs too much.

That sure is a sweet rig too. I sure miss my AR.

How are you going to get that thing home or is it home now? We should head somewhere for a shootout when your back in town.

It's home now. I've been home for about a week. I try to go shooting a couple of times a week. Let's put something together.

That is way cool! I see this post and realize that I need cooler stuff :)
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I'm partial to Colt's to. I have an HBAR that is a tack driver up to 500 yards. In the picture shown I used it for Prairie Dogs. A great dog popper. Especially with the Burris 4.5-14 power scope on it. Is a little heavy though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

I have always wanted an ar-15. I keep looking at the Rockriver products. If any one has any advice has to what brands to avoid or look into I would appreciate it. From some of the charts that I have looked at, 500 yds accuracy doesn't seem possible unless you have a special barrell twist and custom load. I would like to stick with the .223 caliber.

I believe the 500yd accuracy for these. When I had my RockRiver Coyote w/ a 20" barrel, I was able to work up a load the produced 100yd 0.166" groups. I paid a grand for it, $300 for the scope & put a bipod on it.

Another buddy of mine was in the military & used the M-16 to ping an 8" target at 300yds with open sights consistently.

As for brands to stay away from, many of the big companies have parts made out of the same factory. RR has an excellent trigger, though.

... Now I REALLY miss my AR.

Next time I get one, though, I'm goin through THIS guy. www.dtechsuperstore.com

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    I have always wanted an ar-15. I keep looking at the Rockriver products. If any one has any advice has to what brands to avoid or look into I would appreciate it. From some of the charts that I have looked at, 500 yds accuracy doesn't seem possible unless you have a special barrell twist and custom load. I would like to stick with the .223 caliber.
    When the Ar15 craze took over, lots of company's popped up with their own versions. Because the internet is such a big tool, there are not too many company's that can put out trash and get away with it for long. The only one I have heard of that is not great is Olympic Arms.

I had heard this from people online before. When I went to take some training classes recently, there was a man who was shooting an OA build, and he had the most trouble keeping his rifle running during the course. halfway through day 3 he ended up renting a different rifle from the training facility and had no more problems.

It really is not hard to put together your own rifle using the parts you like. You can also save around 20% vs if you just bought one. Be careful though, Black Rifle Disease (BRD) is very contagious and hard to cure.
    Let's Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Glockguy View Post
    Be careful though, Black Rifle Disease (BRD) is very contagious and hard to cure.
    The BIGGEST problem with BRD is that you don't WANT a cure.

I saw this bad boy is person. Man is it DOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    From some of the charts that I have looked at, 500 yds accuracy doesn't seem possible unless you have a special barrell twist and custom load. I would like to stick with the .223 caliber.
    I think pimp's gun is chambered in .308 Winchester. I think 500 yards is doable with it.

That Colt is Sweet Bring it on the next bunny shoot! I want to see it in action

So many choices ! It has been a few years since I have put together a gun. I have been looking at building a thompson center as of lately. I am still trying to sort out the different frame choices and then which brand of barrel.