Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossing the Line at FreezeFest 9 - Video

Absolutely great footage. Really good stuff. I kept getting cold watching it until I was warmed by a big ball of fire!

- Jamal

PS - You guys are crazy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This is the most fun canyoneering video I have ever seen. I wish I was there.

A surprise

I pulled in with my 2 sons and a friend to do a canyon in the snow, and was surprised to see so many people. We thought we would be solo on such a cold day. But what a great tradition to have. I loved the video.

We ended up doing Leprechaun and had a blast. Thanks for all the advice from those that were there.

Hey - cool that you stopped by here, Mountaineer! Hope we weren't too noisy by the fire that night... How did the canyon go? Everyone warm enough? Any problems going through? Glad you had a blast!

Kev

Hi - thanks for reaching out. No, not at all noisy, we would have come by and said hi longer but got in late.

It was very cold on the ridge. I had a small stove to warm up the kids for a bit, which helped. My nine year old wanted to turn back on the ridge, but once we dropped in it was surprisingly warmer and we all did fine. We managed to stem the walls to keep out of the puddles. It took us ~5 hours to do the canyon, longer than most, but that included "warm up" time, and putting on and off harnesses. We did Blarney a few weeks prior, it got down to 10F then, but warmed up to 40F during the hike which was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    Hey - cool that you stopped by here, Mountaineer! Hope we weren't too noisy by the fire that night... How did the canyon go? Everyone warm enough? Any problems going through? Glad you had a blast!

Kev

I am not sure why this has not come up yet..................... But................. you guys have something seriously wrong in your heads.......... that does not look fun at all. That looks like an absolute riot!!!!!! Some year, is gonna be the year I do a real canyon.

And cheers on the fantastic video!!!!! Truly outstanding work.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Man that was a great video!! Thanks for sharing. I've never been there in the winter...looks like a blast! What was in the pot they dumped in the fire?
    Sorry man, trade secret... T

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Sorry man, trade secret... T
    Ratagonia on a Rampage!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000 View Post
    Ratagonia on a Rampage!

Hahaha good one Kevin!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Hahaha good one Kevin!
    You wanna know what was in that pot - OK, I'll tell ya. Water. Apple Juice. Seltzer.

Happy now?

T

Currently Coeur d alene, idaho! But I am moving to St. George utah in 3 months

AWESOME!

That looks awesome, but absolutley cold! Currently I reside in Coeur d alene, Idaho and we are a 6 degrees right now. I am not sure if the goose bumps that I have are from watching this video or from the cold my home is surrounded by, but the that was a great video, veiws of areas I may never see! AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by tyrel27 View Post
    That looks awesome, but absolutley cold! Currently I reside in Coeur d alene, Idaho and we are a 6 degrees right now.
    Well, here's the forecast for you:

Tonight: Clear, with a low around 10. Calm wind.
    Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Calm wind.
    Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. East wind between 3 and 6 mph.
    Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 33. Southeast wind around 6 mph.

Here's the forecast for Salt Lake City:

Overnight: Clear, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -13. Calm wind becoming east between 4 and 7 mph.
    Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -12. East southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming northwest.
    Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -2. Northwest wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm.
    Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as -2. Southeast wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Yeah, its cold. Not sure I'm glad we're beatin' you for the chill.

I guess our excuse is we're at almost twice your elevation.

Brrrr!

Wow, awesome video. While I like canyoneering and can take alot of cold, I felt cold just watching the video. Don't know if I can enjoy that especially without a nice warm hotel to go back to.