Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: False Kiva

My story about False Kiva.

In July 2003 I wanted to see False Kiva because of this nice picture of Tom Till, but at that time there was no information at all on the web or in guidebooks about its location and no-one in Moab (including the rangers) didn't want to give me any information about this place. Thus, I printed the picture of Tom Till and, as I recognized Candlestick rock in the background, with my wife we did many tries to find the same angle that we could see in the picture, following several faint pathes or doing cross country hiking (as there was no real trail to False Kiva at this time) for nothing during at least 3 hours in the heat of July until we found an alcove which could be the right one. I was sure that it was the right angle for Candlestick Rock but we were disapointed that we couldn't see any ruin there until I had the idea to climb the slope of loose rock inside the alcove as the "last try". I was SO happy to discover False Kiva at the very last moment, to yell my wife to climb the slope and then we enjoyed this beautiful place for ourselves with the satisfaction to have founded it with quite a bit of search and effort.

Philippe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very Cool

Awsome just Awsome!
    We must go forward, even if we can't!

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Hey Bait, how you doing? Haven't seen you since Cedar Mesa Last year.
    Thanks for the comments

Kurt you are posting some serious pic's lately. Take it you have been over to Moab recently? I've got to go check out the Kiva sometime, looks amazing.

Thanks Mark
    We were in Moab just after Christmas.
    False Kiva is cool, I see a concrete path and rock stairs in it's future, getting quite popular.

That's so great that you had both a fantastic experience waiting out the fog and stunning pictures to show off as well. I'm happy for you (and OK, a *little* jealous too!)
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Thanks Paul,
    I just had this printed as a 20x30" print and it came out very nice. I'm waiting on another from Adorama, that I ordered in 24"x36" on Metalic paper.