Thread: Tip for Dry Cracked Hands

Tip for Dry Cracked Hands

In the winter my hands get dry and cracked by the wind and cold weather. Because you spend time outdoors in the winter you know what I'm talking about.

Well, this year I found a product that has saved me from bleeding knuckles, and I want to pass along this tip:

Lanolin. The stuff that they sell at Wal-Mart in the baby section for breastfeeding mothers. It works great. It goes on thick, so I wouldn't want to put it on if I had to shake hands with someone, but if you're outside working or hiking... it's the best I've found.

Has anyone else tried it? (I'm expecting some adolescent-type response, but I'm serious. It works.)
    --
    Matthew

"If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously reexamine your life."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have always used
    Name:  Bag+Balm..jpg
Views: 3050
Size:  21.6 KB
    I guess it comes from time spend on my grandmas farm as a kid and in the winter this is what everyone used :)..

may have to try the lanolin stuff - but I like the antiseptic part of Bag Balm so then again maybe not ....
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

I've never used bag balm. Maybe I should give it a try.
    --
    Matthew

"If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously reexamine your life."

Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee View Post
    I have always used
    Name:  Bag+Balm..jpg
Views: 3050
Size:  21.6 KB
    I guess it comes from time spend on my grandmas farm as a kid and in the winter this is what everyone used :)..

may have to try the lanolin stuff - but I like the antiseptic part of Bag Balm so then again maybe not ....

This stuff's incredible! Use it on my hands AND feet when they get cracked and dry. Also used it on my babies when they had diaper rash or irritation. And recently found it works wonders on chafing as well. Crazy what ya can learn living on a farm...
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

Another vote for bag balm, its the bomb!
    The man thong is wrong.

I've never used bag balm. Maybe I should give it a try.