Thread: Bobsled Trail in Winter (Video)

Bobsled Trail in Winter (Video)

With a break in the weather on 12/14 we hurried to bobsled for a quick ride. We filmed it on Danno04's GoPro.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

I should be out riding. This month has been chaos though, but I'm itching to film something with my new GoPro.

Sick video! Nice riding!

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sick

Nice video ! I can't wait to ride the Bobsled this spring with so many new lines. Do you still do any rides with Daniel ? Have you been winning any races on the ktm ?

Yes certainly, me and dan ride pretty often. Unfortunately my KTM was stolen at a race in Page, I now ride a KX450 . Did you make it to Wolf Mountain or Deer Valley this past season?

Hey Shawn! Its been a while. I rode right behind Brock on that ride, I love that camera, that was the chest mount which is my favorite so far btw.

I saw your GoPro on facebook Justin, its about time you got one. Just be careful with the memory cards, the first one I bought was a 32gig Kignston from Amazon ( cause it was cheap), it ended up being corrupt. It was very infuriating, to come back home after a full day of riding, plug the camera into the computer only to find that all the photos and videos are corrupt. The sony card from wallmart is great hence the video. Record something for hours, turn the camera off and on and take pictures to test the memory card, before heading out to the trails or whetever.

Also the clanking sound I've read can be fixed by putting a piece of a rubber tube or something similar into the case, but its definitely not a deal breaker by a long shot like some of the facebook comments were saying. A lot of pros videos have that clank.

Excellent.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno04 View Post
    Hey Shawn! Its been a while. I rode right behind Brock on that ride, I love that camera, that was the chest mount which is my favorite so far btw.

I saw your GoPro on facebook Justin, its about time you got one. Just be careful with the memory cards, the first one I bought was a 32gig Kignston from Amazon ( cause it was cheap), it ended up being corrupt. It was very infuriating, to come back home after a full day of riding, plug the camera into the computer only to find that all the photos and videos are corrupt. The sony card from wallmart is great hence the video. Record something for hours, turn the camera off and on and take pictures to test the memory card, before heading out to the trails or whetever.

Also the clanking sound I've read can be fixed by putting a piece of a rubber tube or something similar into the case, but its definitely not a deal breaker by a long shot like some of the facebook comments were saying. A lot of pros videos have that clank.
    Hey Dan. Thanks for the advice. GoPro suggests at least a "Class 4" SD card. The higher the class, the higher the speed it can record. I'm not sure if that would have helped you or not though. I just picked up a 16GB Class 4 card:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0021L9BKQ

As for the clicking sound, my package came with the rubber grommet that goes in the clip, it's the little white piece in this kit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0014FB8TC

How much was that video sped up? Just kidding, and jealous I don't have the balls to ride like that. Cool video, thanks for sharing it.

I liked the song, what is it?

Thanks, the song is Fortune Days by The Glitch Mob

Quote Originally Posted by b_rock_101 View Post
    Yes certainly, me and dan ride pretty often. Unfortunately my KTM was stolen at a race in Page, I now ride a KX450 . Did you make it to Wolf Mountain or Deer Valley this past season?
    I haven't done very many rides this year at all. I did do some sick rides in Grand Junction and Fruita, Co. with Ben ( Redspecialized ) those videos were posted earlier. We also rode I-street in October and we haven't posted videos of that yet. Ben has video of me losing control on the ladder gap approach. That sucks about the KTM getting stolen. I rented a CRF450 in July and I just about got killed on hit several times. I can't believe the power that those newer 4-strokes have. We will have to do some rides when the season changes.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Nice vid, love the choice of music. Bobsled is a favorite!
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Hey Dan. Thanks for the advice. GoPro suggests at least a "Class 4" SD card. The higher the class, the higher the speed it can record. I'm not sure if that would have helped you or not though. I just picked up a 16GB Class 4 card:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0021L9BKQ

As for the clicking sound, my package came with the rubber grommet that goes in the clip, it's the little white piece in this kit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0014FB8TC
    Yea I had a class 4 32gig which was corrupt. Yea I got that white rubber thingy too, but where the hell does it go.

the little white grommet thingy goes in the quick release clip on the bottom of the mount to make it so it can't wiggle around!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno04 View Post
    Yea I got that white rubber thingy too, but where the hell does it go.
    Just like this:

Name:  IMGP0723..JPG
Views: 4271
Size:  78.8 KB

Very cool! Looks like there's been a lot of changes to the Bobsled since I last rode it. I neglected my bike far too much this year.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

My desk job is LAME!

That video just spoiled the rest of my day! Freaking awesome. If only there was a way to accurately show how intense that trail is when you're riding it. Thanks for posting the video!