Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just wanted a nice qiuet weekend for a change

I just wanted a nice qiuet weekend for a change

After workin lots of hours and takin care of little kids on my weekends for the last month, I was really lookin forward to a little "quiet time."

Instead, I get this...

My youngest & oldest daughters got into a fight. In a fit, my youngest threw a pair of scissors at her sister, which stuck firmly in her forehead.

Many hours & consults later, the scissors are removed, a couple of stitches put in along with a tetnis shot & $80 in anti-biotics, & the little girl is home again.

What a weekend... If I put my folks through anything like that, I am truly sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

are you kidding me? holy shit. your daughter has great aim! all kidding aside i hope she gets well quickly.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I kept reading the post, hoping there would be a punchline, and I'm so sorry that that was your weekend.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

wow thank God the hit wasn't lower !!! hope she gets well soon !!

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    are you kidding me? holy shit. your daughter has great aim! all kidding aside i hope she gets well quickly.
    As a result of this, I've opted to star calling my younger daughter "Little Ninja" & my older daughter "Summer Scissorhead." Summer's doing well. They were both back to playing with each other like nothing happened, so I guess no harm no foul? She'll never live this down though.

So Happy she's ok!
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

That is wild! How far did they go in?

Glad she is okay...good hell!

That is crazy. If she can half smile with a pair of scissors sticking out of her forehead, she is a tough girl. Glad she is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I kept reading the post, hoping there would be a punchline, and I'm so sorry that that was your weekend.
    My thoughts exactly dude. I kept hoping this was some freak pic and joke was coming.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

WTF! that is crazy! glad everything seems ok. i had no idea scissors could penetrate a skull. WOW.

Wow. Glad she is going to be ok.

Good thing it didn't hit her in a number of other places (eye, artery, etc).
    -----
    "It's a miracle curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

For a good time, check out my blog. or update the CanyonWiki

hope she gets well soon.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

DANG! I'm glad your youngest daughter is guilty of that instead of you. Looking at the picture and the thread title, my imagination started going...

Reminds me of the time my brother jumped out of a closet and blindsided me with a ball. 2 stitches in the back of the throat from a sucker stick was not a good day.

Jeez. How old are they?
    Let's Roll

The older is 9 & the younger is 6.

And there's no way in hell that I would ever be responsible for something like that.

you know i just got to thinking. (bad idea, i know. could get hurt) your daughter needs to talk to a lawyer. i think pain, suffering, compensatory damages, long term effects, life long fear of scissors, etc......... i mean its not like a hot cup of coffee was spilled in her lap. one other thing. get them some of those safety scissors, the ones with the rounded ends. and maybe cable them to a spare tire.

hope she is on the mend. that just looked scary. can't imagine carrying her into the ER with those poking out of her skull. i would have freaked. they probably would have needed a gurney for me as well.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilanimaka View Post
    The older is 9 & the younger is 6.

And there's no way in hell that I would ever be responsible for something like that.
    Uh, well, actually... these are your kids? Then you ARE responsible for them, are you not?

Tom

Yikes I hope she fully recovers. That is one crazy photo.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Uh, well, actually... these are your kids? Then you ARE responsible for them, are you not?

Tom
    I suppose it's my own fault for not hitting "Reply With Quote" to uintahiker's comment.

Quote Originally Posted by uintahiker View Post
    DANG! I'm glad your youngest daughter is guilty of that instead of you. Looking at the picture and the thread title, my imagination started going...
    Hence the reason for me saying I could never be responsible for something like this.

This picture still gives me the chills.