Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Snowbird or Alta anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by uzi66 View Post
    Enjoy your'e mamma's boys and 40+ ski resort while it lasts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    Hey Blue Eyes, I like the idea of the mental note. I would make a mental note as well, but have nothing to write on. Hope you had fun on the slopes. Looking forward to Mtn Biking. Less anger on that post.
    Who needs something to write on if your Mtn Biking! See ya on the trail soon.
    Last edited by blueeyes; 01-05-2011 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typo
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post

So would a snowboard only resort if they existed. But some day I would think the exclusive resorts will update.

Just for the record, I would not be in support of a "snowboard only" resort either. Treating stupidity with more stupidity is not the solution. Just sayin..........

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I was just saying "IF" there was one, they would serve their niche. I don't think either is stupidity I think it is a business choice to cater to a certain clientele. Right or wrong I don't care. If there was a snowboard only place I wouldn't bitch about it. If I wanted to sample their terrain I would rent a snowboard and go have fun. Even if that meant all I did was roll down the hill because I suck at snowboarding.
    Chere'

Nebz,

I have poached Alta. It's really not that exciting. Get over it.

My friends that have skiied Deer Valley say it sucks even more than Alta. We're not really missing out on much.

Let them bury themselves. I don't want to ride with those types anyhow.

Long live Brighton! (and the other 11 Utah resorts that have figured it out)

Quote Originally Posted by canyoncaver View Post
    Nebz,

I have poached Alta. It's really not that exciting. Get over it.
    Who has'nt? I don't really need to get over anything, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    I was just saying "IF" there was one, they would serve their niche. I don't think either is stupidity I think it is a business choice to cater to a certain clientele. Right or wrong I don't care. If there was a snowboard only place I wouldn't bitch about it. If I wanted to sample their terrain I would rent a snowboard and go have fun. Even if that meant all I did was roll down the hill because I suck at snowboarding.
    Is it really that hard to co-exist? I mean are we that petty? I personally choose to snowboard, but love to watch skiers who can really rip. Freeskiing comp this spring at the Bird is always a photography destination for me. I think for business choice you have to accommodate both to be successful. I used to ski, I have tried tele's (that is some hard shit right there), and I ride snowboards. I guess the thing I have a problem with is anyone telling me that a location is public lands, but only a certain few get to use them. I pay taxes, I am a productive citizen of this society, but because I choose to snowboard, I cannot have the same access as someone else just because of the gear I use? It really is an equal access issue for me. It would be no different backpacking or anything else outdoor related. If it is public lands, I should have the same use privileges for access as every other citizen- year round. I guess you have to try on a pair of my shoes to understand where I am coming from. If it was private property, you would not here anything from me on this issue. Private is just that- private. Public lands are just that- public lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    Who has'nt? I don't really need to get over anything, but thanks.
    I was just trying to say that you already have access to the better of the two resorts.

Good day, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by canyoncaver View Post
    you already have access to the better of the two resorts.
    Ah yeah, 12 min from my house to 11,000 ft. Can't beat it for sure. Bird is the word.