Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snowbird or Alta anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    This argument is no different than sharing the trails with hikers, horses and bikes. Unfortunately you are always going to run into elitist assholes.

Hell I forgot how much work taking kids skiing is!! I need a day on the slopes without my adventure buddies. Have to report later. I am not pecking the story out on my phone keyboard. Hahaha

Dr. I am free any day next week.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
    I am taking a couple of days off. I have been snowboarding every day since last Saturday. So much pow. My legs are worked. Want them to heal up for the next storm cycle. Be back at it on Sunday Funday. Looks like we have some storms next week, those would be good days to go up. Fresh is always best, and the freshest snow is during the storm.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well, I gave it my best shot!!! Merry Christmas to all who slide downhill at a fast pace!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Looks like I will be family skiing Monday at Snowbasin which means I won't be skiing much. But it is always fun taking the little girls.

How about Wed? Looks like that is when the next storm is due to hit.
    Chere'

I am sure I will be there. Let me know.

I will be there for sure.

I would PM you but you don't have that option turned on. I just found out my old boss and his son's will be up there as well so a few runs with you would be nice and then I will go ski with them. If you want let me know where to meet you.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    Talking out my ass? Typical hater response.

It is simple buddy, Snowboards have two edges, Skis have four. There you go, straight from my ass to you Jaxx.
    I was just going to let this die but I want to clarify. I haven't been to alta in a couple of years. I ski with my brother-in-laws who are boarders. We mostly go to Brighton. I don't hate boarders. Never have. I find some annoying, but that goes for skiers to. I have found that boards push and stack snow far worse than skiers. YMMV and I guess yours has. I bet we would get along on the slopes. But for now

You jumped to conclusions because I recommended Alta out of the two choices that were given by Blueeyes. Showing your hate for skiers because we are all a bunch of elitists. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. That is truely lame.
    The man thong is wrong.

. If you like to ski 300 feet and stop and chit chat with your pal, ski at Alta. If you really like to actually ski, go to Snowbird.
    uhh ... they're both, like, fantastic mountains and lifts and stuff, and, like, the two best in the state (arguably), and, like, two of the best in the country. ymmv.

and regarding the snowboarding/skiing issue ... there shouldn't be hate or elitism. it shouldn't be about that. if people are stooping to that level then that's their problem. alta doesn't promote that attitude. and using the term segregation is crossing a line IMO

I'm a snowboarder and I rarely sit on the hill and chit chat, but it's hard to find other snowboarders to ride with who don't, so I mostly ride with skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    I was just going to let this die but I want to clarify. I haven't been to alta in a couple of years. I ski with my brother-in-laws who are boarders. We mostly go to Brighton. I don't hate boarders. Never have. I find some annoying, but that goes for skiers to. I have found that boards push and stack snow far worse than skiers. YMMV and I guess yours has. I bet we would get along on the slopes. But for now

You jumped to conclusions because I recommended Alta out of the two choices that were given by Blueeyes. Showing your hate for skiers because we are all a bunch of elitists. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. That is truely lame.
    No Jaxx, you are wrong. Snowboards do not push more snow, it is impossible for them to do that with one edge. In fact, most snowboards smooth things out, where as ski's cause bumps or moguls. So what you think you have found is delusional at best.

I don't feel sorry for myself, and how you reached that conclusion is beyond retarded and a weak attempt at best. I did not jump to any conclusions, I was merely responding to your false claims about snowboards pushing off more snow.

I don't hate anyone who ski's. What I do hate is blaming snowboarders for you lack of ability to adapt to changing conditions on the mountain Jaxx. But keep reaching, you make it far to easy to point out how wrong you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'm a snowboarder and I rarely sit on the hill and chit chat, but it's hard to find other snowboarders to ride with who don't, so I mostly ride with skiers.
    ^^^Agreed. This is why I ride by myself most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    alta doesn't promote that attitude. and using the term segregation is crossing a line IMO
    Not allowing snowboarding is segregation no matter how you look at it. If this is not the case, then why not let snowboards ride at Alta?

By causing separation, you are causing a rift between skiers and riders. Sell that to someone at Alta, this Bird local knows that argument is a bunch of Bullshit.

There are only 3 resorts left in the world that do not allow snowboarding. Notice I put, "do not allow snowboarding."

Mad River Glen
    Deer Valley
    Alta

The rest of the world has pulled their head out and realized that snowboarding is growing faster than skiing, at a 5 to 1 ratio according to the stats. Taos is the latest resort to get it. They were on the brink of bankruptcy, until they let snowboarders on their mountain. Now they are thriving again, and snowboarders once again save another mountain from going defunct. I salute Taos for their bringing it up to the times and getting with it to stay in business.

You Alta fools are going to have to get over your elitist ski ideals. Snowboarding is here to stay, we are not going to just go away. If there was only skiing, then Alta's policy would make sense. But there is not only skiing, so unless you have two boards on your feet, you cant ride there? Segregation is telling a certain part of the population that they cannot do something, which is exactly what Alta is doing. Now if this was private land, I would probably not care that much. But since Alta leases their terrain from the Forest Service, which makes it public lands, then having segregation in place is a violation of the US Constitution and very illegal at best. I probably spend more time in Little Cottonwood Canyon than most of the people who ski Alta, year round. I don't like public lands of any kind made off limits, especially to kooks who think that skiing is the only winter sport. Just to remind you, I can snowboard at Alta, they cannot arrest me or anything like that for dropping in there. They can only tell me that I cannot ride their lift chairs. Still bullshit on Public Lands if you ask me.

Well as Accaddacca, Fortycal, and Ride On know I don't stand around on the hill chit chatting in fact I believe the last time I rode with them I ditched the guy I met up there because he couldn't keep up.

Looks like some fresh snow fell last night. I am going to sip me some delicious coffee and head out.

Chere'

I should have left earlier is it always like this getting up here. I in a long line of cars parked near the bottom of the canyon. Sigh

Chere'

Chere'

No Jaxx, you are wrong. Snowboards do not push more snow, it is impossible for them to do that with one edge. In fact, most snowboards smooth things out, where as ski's cause bumps or moguls. So what you think you have found is delusional at best.

I don't feel sorry for myself, and how you reached that conclusion is beyond retarded and a weak attempt at best. I did not jump to any conclusions, I was merely responding to your false claims about snowboards pushing off more snow.

I don't hate anyone who ski's. What I do hate is blaming snowboarders for you lack of ability to adapt to changing conditions on the mountain Jaxx. But keep reaching, you make it far to easy to point out how wrong you are.
    Agree to disagree i guess. Too bad you can't have a discussion without getting angry. Pointless to talk with you about it. Hey, at least you are passionate about something!
    Seems like you are in denial about your hatred towards skiers. I don't consider myself an elitest. I almost exclusively go to Brighton, like I said before, who lets boarders ride. But I am a delusional retard so there is no point in keeping this going.
    The man thong is wrong.

I should have left earlier is it always like this getting up here. I in a long line of cars parked near the bottom of the canyon. Sigh
    In the end it is worth the wait. Have an awesome day!
    The man thong is wrong.

I am on gad 2 going through some tree gate having a ball!

Chere'

I am on gad 2 going through some tree gate having a ball!

Yeah today was unreal! Check the Capt Log in a bit, got a sick baldy run on film. My first 3 Gad II's were the best of the year over there. Lower Tiger Tail was open, so much fun over there!!! Glad you made it up!!!

We jammed at 2:00 PM. They told us the road was going to close. Glad we made it out of there and avoided the dreaded RED DRAGON from hell getting out of there.