Thread: Help Name my Website

Help Name my Website

Anyone have any good ideas for a name for my own IT company?

I am constantly doing IT jobs for people, and often asked for a website or business cards to give me referrals. I have wanted to setup a website, but I can't find anything I like available for domain names. DeathCricket just gave me an idea I liked, and I may go with that but it also gave me the idea to ask you guys for suggestions.

I'd like to avoid using my name in case I ever have any success with it, and can hire someone to work under me.

Thanks in advance.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

we do IT
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

So no then?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

whenyougetasecond.com
    ifyougetaminute.com

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post

Anyone have any good ideas for a name for my own IT company?

I am constantly doing IT jobs for people, and often asked for a website or business cards to give me referrals. I have wanted to setup a website, but I can't find anything I like available for domain names. DeathCricket just gave me an idea I liked, and I may go with that but it also gave me the idea to ask you guys for suggestions.

I'd like to avoid using my name in case I ever have any success with it, and can hire someone to work under me.

Thanks in advance.

It is good to be clear on EXACTLY what it is you are offering the customer. What do you want to communicate to them?

Then pick a name that communicates that. Many of the obvious ones will be taken, either by other companies or by prospectors.

domyIT.com

EZIT.com

CatchyName.com

Tom

DiscGoIt.com. I say this only because you want to brand yourself. I know with my law firm logo and firm photo, many people have begun to have logo and name recognition because of those two things we brand ourselves with. If DiscGo is you username somewhere else, go with it. It is catchy. If you are getting referrals, a generic name isn't too helpful. If it is you they want, brand YOU, not some generic IT company.
    Life is Good

definitely go with something easy to say and spell out, no dashes, no .net, .info, just stick with the .com

anything with computer in the name is going to be taken. Your demographic will be the same people who don't know where their desktop shortcut went, so you need to imagine them trying to remember the website name you told them.

"I can't remember, something like 'fix computers .com' or something. Maybe we can google it and find his website. Here, look up "fix computers" and see if his website comes up".

But of course, you know this.

The only problem with DiscGo in the name is they will mispell it, not getting the G in there, or you'll have to mention the G when spelling it out.

I would just suggest making the url custom with your full name in it. I've got justinmcfarland.com, I imagine yours is taken though. But the nice thing is when I get rich and famous as a host on Air America, I can change all of the content on my website to reflect my current profession. People will remember your name in the website because they came to you in the first place to fix their computer.

DantheITman.com

gaychubbydating