Thread: Which of these Cities and why?

Which of these Cities and why?

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]So I found a job position I

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I would go with Richfield. It isn't too small like Castle Dale. Winter lasts until may in Logan and Roosevelt.
    Let's Roll

I had to pull up Google Earth to see where everything was, because all 3 of those cities (besides Logan) was not clear in my mind. As it is, I agree with Glockguy that Richfield probably looks the best.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I have alot of family in Richfield. I would choose there. I-70 for quick east/west access. close to alot of souther utah locations. Downside = lots o hicks
    The man thong is wrong.

All four will have a decent amount of hicks. I'd say either Richfield or Castle Dale.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
    So I found a job position I’m interested in. They have it listed in four different cities – Logan, Richfield, Roosevelt and Castle Dale. I called and it’s the same job in each city. Which one would you prefer to live in and why?
    Thanks in advance for any responses.
    Logan is an actual city, the other three are more like big small towns. Where do you live now? Do you want to live in a city or in a small town (or a big small town) or in the country.

Tom

I was in Richfield for a reunion onces and after that we were going to head to Moab, Zion, or Goblin Valley. They were all about 2.5 hrs away from Richfield, so I wanted to move there, and that would be my choice.

Just out of curiosity...What type of job are you looking at?

They are all a bit too small town for my taste (even Logan), but, if your into climbing, especially bouldering, then Castle Dale is the spot. It's just a 5 minute drive from Joe's Valley, the best bouldering area in Utah. It's also pretty close to many canyon areas (about the same as Richfield) such as the Swell, North Wash and Moab.

Nat

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Logan is an actual city, the other three are more like big small towns. Where do you live now? Do you want to live in a city or in a small town (or a big small town) or in the country.

Tom
    I live in SLC and like it here. The job market for someone w/ my experience is pretty small so I'm willing to go wherre the job is. Thanks for the input Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarXJ View Post
    Just out of curiosity...What type of job are you looking at?
    It's in engineering but I don't have a license yet so jobs are really hard to come by in this market. I don't even have an interview or anything just talked to the guy who does the hiring and the job sounded interesting. My mind started racing and I thought who better to ask than bogley peeps. They know Utah better than anyone.

Thanks everyone for the replies. You guys are amazing when it comes to beta.

Since you're just starting out your career. I would go with the biggest city. Especially for an engineering job. That will give you the biggest network and best pool for job upgrades. And also the best chance of finding more employment should it not work out. Then once you have your license, some experience, a kickass resume, and some creds to your name, you can pick your place to live, desired salary, and all that good stuff. Right now focus on getting the best experience and job qualifications, not where the best place to live and go rockclimbing is. You can do that later at your next job.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I have had a man crush on DeathCricket for just about 2.5 years now, and with logical posts like that it isn't going away anytime soon :). I would say listen to him and his reasoning.

P.S. I am straight
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Hahahaha right back at ya buddy.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Name:  gaydar..jpg
Views: 221
Size:  40.7 KB