Thread: Solstice Party

Solstice Party

Anyone here going to be down S.G. way on Saturday the 18th of December ought to stop by The Desert Rat and have some snacks, liquid refreshment, entertainment and just a good 'ol' time socializing with other Desert Rats! Misty Murphy will be performing live music as we enjoy a slide show by Lauren Lee about her recent Green River Trip in search of Desert Towers, a short video by Seth Giles as they unveil the new Deep Water Soloing spot below Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, and an informative slideshow by Todd Goss author of "Climbs of Southwest Utah and The Arizona Strip" exposing some of the hidden Gems that are mostly overlooked. We'll try to start promptly at 6PM, but you know how these things go....Todd has put together a friendly "Add-on Bouldering Comp" to take place in his new Bouldering Cave "The Spot Bouldering" during and following the fun here at The Desert Rat. Hope to see some of you make it down. Happy Holidays to All!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I saw the thread title and imagined that this had to be happening on the same evening as the upcoming lunar eclipse. It's on Monday night, mere hours before the official Winter Solstice on Tuesday the 21st.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker View Post
    I saw the thread title and imagined that this had to be happening on the same evening as the upcoming lunar eclipse. It's on Monday night, mere hours before the official Winter Solstice on Tuesday the 21st.
    The Title is a bit misleading. I've found that in the "Retail Environment", since we opened The Desert Rat 1 3/4 years ago we really don't have "Sale/Promotions" in the typical fashion, but rather "fun get-togethers" in appreciation of customers. Equinox's and Solstices just seem to fall on weekdays and make having our "Appreciation" parties a little tougher for many folks to attend, therefore I try to have the parties on weekends when more people might be able to make it! Anyways.....hope some of you might be able to join in the fun. It's not a party for just climbers, but rather for everyone with an interest in outdoor activities and who enjoys socializing with like minded folks!

Bogley BigShot
    It's a fun party... Bo, Tom...... lots of outdoor folks there!

Invite

Just a reminder for those of you that might be able to make it this saturday the 18th? Lauren Lee will be presenting a slide show, Seth Giles will premiere a short video of pioneering deep water soloing in Black Canyon, Todd Goss will be showing slides of local "forgotten and neglected" climbing areas, and Misty Murphy will be entertaining us with live music. Food, Beer and fun from 6-8PM. Hope to see some of you!
    Attached Images Attached Images