Thread: What Android app do you want?

What Android app do you want?

Ok, i built my first android app about two weeks ago, all the bigshots know about it.

but while i still have the Java coding style fresh in my head i need a new project, however i don't have any ideas.

so here is my question, what Android app do you want?

.... keep in mind I'm just starting out, so I'm looking for something that has a few functions, not a million. something that i can add onto as i go.

cheers,
    Dave
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll tell you what I most want for Android, but I believe it is done more on the OS level.

I wish Android had a better task manager and I wish it had a good copy and paste feature.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

All the Flickr Apps for the Andriod suck, I really wish there was a better one.

damn you.... for dredging up old threads. ok after i made this post i was making my own alarm clock... got about 80% finished, and forgot what happed... some how i just stopped working on it.

which leads me to

thank you.... for dredging up old threads. now i have to get back into it. after I build a website for my other domain, build a plug in for winamp and my arduino, and most of all STOP PLAYing need for speed: world!!! what a curse....

i've never used flickr but they do have a great api http://www.flickr.com/services/api/ so that one i wouldn't mind trying but i can tell you right now it won't be any better then what you got. i'm good but not that good.

Okay, here is something I'd really like.

If you plug your phone into a power outlet, the GPS and wireless automatically kick on. And then have the option to have it auto turn off the GPS and wifi when disconnected.

I don't have a smart phone but I would seriously consider getting one if there was an app that would provide both textual and graphical weather information along a route between two or more lat and longs. Maybe there is and I just don't know about it.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Okay, here is something I'd really like.

If you plug your phone into a power outlet, the GPS and wireless automatically kick on. And then have the option to have it auto turn off the GPS and wifi when disconnected.
    very doable, this is more up my ally as far as the simplicity of the code needed... I might be able to program it all out today. if I decide to work on it.

I hope you decide to work on it:)

ok I got done with this (http://www.silvercg.com/2011/02/14/a...rgb-led-winamp) today... so I'll start working on the App tomorrow morning.

do you want it to do something different if it's connected to a computer? I think I can check between wall and computer.

Usually if I have it plugged in (or charging) it is because I am at home, work, or in the car. At home or work I would rather use wireless and save my bandwidth and in the car I want to use Google Navigation. I am not concerned about battery power when it is plugged in, so it doesn't make a big difference to me.