Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHRISTMAS LIST

CHRISTMAS LIST

Whats on your christmas list ?
    this year is the first time i have rope on my list, 600' of caynon pro.
    just gona stand there and watch me burn...... thats alright cuzi like the way it hurts

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Funny! I was just coming to post the same things. This is from yahoo news...

Lavish Vacations Beat Simpler Ones
    People love to take vacations. But airfare, hotels, restaurant meals and activities can suck up money like a vacuum cleaner set on high.
    Vacations don't have to be lavish. Consider skipping a trip to Paris and instead camping somewhere within your state's borders or visiting a friend in a nearby city. Travel time will be shortened, and your wallet will thank you.
    How about skipping the trip altogether, and really saving cash? Karp and Flanagan offer good reasons for making room for a bare-bones vacation in your budget.
    "Academic studies show time and again, and they all confirm each other, that people are much happier buying experiences than buying more stuff," Karp says. "And the reason is that experiences actually improve with time, like a fine wine."
    Flanagan agrees. She says her family decided to travel for Christmas and Hanukkah instead of exchanging gifts.

I am doing a cruise again this year for Christmas but it wont until April. Year before last went to Mexico during Christmas, on a cruise and it was great, but can't do it this year.

cowboy boots and gasoline
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

Mont Bell Super Spiral Down Hugger #3 Bag (650 Dn)
    http://www.campsaver.com/super-spira...r-3-bag-650-dn

The North Face Backpacking Bivy 3-Season
    http://www.backcountry.com/the-north...-bivy-3-season

Between the two I should have my overnight pack weight down to 28 lbs when water is available at or near the intended campsite.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Dear Santa, I would really appreciate a 10+ fatty workhorse 60m, a skinny 70m, and a whole lot of static line. I will leave warm carrot ginger soup in the crockpot. Help yourself. Oh yeah, a lot of running shoes. Four pairs of Lasportiva Fireblades ought to get me through the year.
    It's your fault, you shouldn't have been there!

I would like a decent heart rate monitor, preferably as a wrist watch. I need to do some research unless someone can recommend something.

I want a new lightweight sleeping pad and a sigma 10mm f2.8 fisheye but I don't think I will be getting either... I am on the naughty list.

Skipping the usual under the tree gifts this year, instead I just ordered some new kitchen cabinets, granite countertops and new windows throughout the house! Finally finishing a remodel started over a year ago. Woohoo!

Well actually I gave my wife a list this year and said since you insist on buying me something I might as well give you some ideas. List was pretty simple, and I have no idea what she will end up buying? Not that I need anything but what the hell? Go-Pro Hero, Oakley Jawbone, Garmin edge 800, and one of the coolest least expensive gifts for any cyclist are some Awesome Straps from Backcountry research. $15.00 sweet! I will be happy with nothing more than some warm weather to get the roads dry!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I would like a decent heart rate monitor, preferably as a wrist watch. I need to do some research unless someone can recommend something.

Cant go wrong with the Polar but the Garmin forerunner 310xt is pretty bad ass, heartrate, plus all the GPS mapping you need, can be used as a cycling computer, swimming, hiking etc, you get the point. Pretty sweet little piece of gear.

Already got my presents. New Fischer Misfit skis with new bindings and Atomic Hawk ski boots. We found some powder at Brighton on Saturday and I am very happy with my new gifts!!!

Now what am I getting for my wife!!!!!!
    The man thong is wrong.

always some cool things in this thread, I would be happy with any one thing someone posted so far...errrh other than the new granite and windows!!! LOL!

I'd just like a shot at catching the Roadrunner.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    Funny! I was just coming to post the same things. This is from yahoo news...

Lavish Vacations Beat Simpler Ones
    People love to take vacations. But airfare, hotels, restaurant meals and activities can suck up money like a vacuum cleaner set on high.
    Vacations don't have to be lavish. Consider skipping a trip to Paris and instead camping somewhere within your state's borders or visiting a friend in a nearby city. Travel time will be shortened, and your wallet will thank you.
    How about skipping the trip altogether, and really saving cash? Karp and Flanagan offer good reasons for making room for a bare-bones vacation in your budget.
    "Academic studies show time and again, and they all confirm each other, that people are much happier buying experiences than buying more stuff," Karp says. "And the reason is that experiences actually improve with time, like a fine wine."
    Flanagan agrees. She says her family decided to travel for Christmas and Hanukkah instead of exchanging gifts.

I am doing a cruise again this year for Christmas but it wont until April. Year before last went to Mexico during Christmas, on a cruise and it was great, but can't do it this year.
    We have gone this route as well. Booked a trip for the family to Cancun(Spring), which will be Michelle and my Christmas.... The kids get it as a bonus gift....

I think I would like a telescope for Christmas oh I just ordered it
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Only two things for Christmas this year. Same two things for a long time.

Yamaha 2011 Apex SE

IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/