Thread: 127 Hours Debris

127 Hours Debris

In late September I took a buddy of mine who is new to the sport through Blue John (down main--up west fork). I noticed that Blue John had changed significantly since a previous trip through there in May. It had flashed and all the sand was gone from the bottom in the narrow slot portion. It required us to stem nearly from the start of the slot to where the deep dark part begins. I commented to my buddy that folks may get into trouble after Aron's movie comes out since the canyon is not as beginner friendly and the beta on the web is now stale.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. We were headed over to the Horse Shoe Canyon trail head after spending a couple of days backpacking near Happy Canyon. It was about 8:30 at night when we reached the trail head and we ran into a couple who were just coming out of Horse Shoe and were about to walk, 14 miles, back to their car at Motel 6--it was cold, dark, they had been at it for 13 + hours and only had one small head lamp with them. They had "followed Aron's route" with some mishaps. We gave them a ride to their car and they lived happily ever after.

I'm not sure what the moral of the story is but I figure it's just a matter of time (spring time) until more stories like this start popping up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Start an overpriced shuttle at the end on weekends. I'm seeing big $$$
    The man thong is wrong.

Add a concesssion stand at the Grand Gallery selling water at $25 per bottle.

Noob's doing the Ralston Route in hot weather never carry enough water for the sand slog out....

I think I am going to move my snow cone hut down there for the summer.