Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder Mountain Timberline Area

Powder Mountain Timberline Area

Saw blue skies and decided I had better not pass this up. Powder Mtn had 2 lifts open, $34 lift tickets and fresh powder. It was really epic for November!!

I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Did you take it off of any sweet jumps!?!?!? Nice vid.

Awwwwww man. Now I have to put a helmet cam on my wish list.

Sweet video!

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    Awwwwww man. Now I have to put a helmet cam on my wish list.

Sweet video!
    I just ordered the GoPro I mean my wife did I mean Santa did

Changed it to YouTube link. HD is always better. Besides, I got like 3 feet of air!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Going with a ContourHD myself.

livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    Going with a ContourHD myself.
    It looks like a decent camera, I just really like all of the possible mounts with the GoPro. It seems the GoPro shoots superior footage too. Contour can have the 135 degree wide angle, but GoPro can get the 170 degree. The frame rate and resolutions look the same though.

It looks like a decent camera, I just really like all of the possible mounts with the GoPro. It seems the GoPro shoots superior footage too. Contour can have the 135 degree wide angle, but GoPro can get the 170 degree. The frame rate and resolutions look the same though.
    Derail! I dig the time lapse feature of the gopro. It would be pretty cool to strap that thing on and have it take a pic every 60 seconds on a backpacking trip while heading down the trail. When you get home throw them all into a movie and you've got a 2 minute version of a 4 hour hike. I really want to try it out.

My friend Mike had his GoPro mount break on him on Sunday at the Bird. Lost his cam on the mountain. He is pretty bummed. I am not sure if this has happened with the ContourHD. I think its placement and low profile design on the mount on the ContourHD make it less likely to get taken off by a tree or something.

My friend Mike had his GoPro mount break on him on Sunday at the Bird. Lost his cam on the mountain. He is pretty bummed. I am not sure if this has happened with the ContourHD. I think its placement and low profile design on the mount on the ContourHD make it less likely to get taken off by a tree or something.
    The gopro does seem to have the worse design for helmet mounting, IMO. Still think I'd prefer the gopro for the flexibility though. Tough to mount something like the contour coming off of your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    Derail! I dig the time lapse feature of the gopro. It would be pretty cool to strap that thing on and have it take a pic every 60 seconds on a backpacking trip while heading down the trail. When you get home throw them all into a movie and you've got a 2 minute version of a 4 hour hike. I really want to try it out.
    Yeah, I would probably go for a GoPro for summer time. More options. This is one of them, my friend Sean Sullivan reeling in a fatty on the Provo wearing his GoPro:

But when in tight trees snowboarding, I don't want this bulky thing sticking out on any part of me, too much chance it is gonna take a beating. The Contour clips right next to your goggles and weighs 4 oz.

Yeah, I would probably go for a GoPro for summer time. More options. This is one of them, my friend Sean Sullivan reeling in a fatty on the Provo wearing his GoPro:

But when in tight trees snowboarding, I don't want this bulky thing sticking out on any part of me, too much chance it is gonna take a beating. The Contour clips right next to your goggles and weighs 4 oz.
    Damn that's cool.

How much are they?

Sweet vid and music (chains) dood.

Sweet. After 8 years out of state, I'm moving back to Utah exactly for this powder... can't wait to join in, thanks for the great video.

Uh, can't delete this post.

The GoPro HD Hero package is $299.00, but you can find as low as $250.00.

Awesome Fishing Video!!

I do agree with you about the bigger target for trees with the GoPro. If you're ducking trees alot, the Contour may be the way to go.
    I have taken alot of footage with the GoPro and am rarely dissatisfied. I have hit trees with it more than once and it has been pretty tough.
    The one feature I wish it had that the Contour has is the big sliding on and off switch. The GoPro switch is small and you have to be able to recognize the audible beeps to know where you are with it.
    The reality of it is that you put in on 960p and leave it. All other res is not worth using at speed. Maybe for the timed still shots it would help to go 1080.
    I can tell you that you will not regret owning one. Sometimes I get lazy and think I don't want to ski or whatever (I know, that's just not right), then I think about the footage I can get and the angles I can try, and I am totally stoked about going. Everybody buy one and let's flood this town with crazy footage! I'm sure the webmasters love me for saying that!

Yeah, the GoPro does stick up pretty high, but now they've got this lower profile mount that I'm going to get, it will be out of the way. You can also reverse it and get footage of the camera wearer's face. lol

Name:  683_large_AHFMT-00&#.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  89.2 KB