Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best of 2010 Hiking Pictures

Name:  593436..JPG
Views: 455
Size:  71.1 KB
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Name:  590862..JPG
Views: 426
Size:  107.0 KB

Actually I have a lot of better photos than the above from my recent Indonesia/Malaysia trip, but I haven't had time to add them yet. A TR is coming.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

This thread is awesome! Seeing everyone's photos makes me want to hit the trails.

Since moving to Durango in late July, we resumed hiking like fiends , both locally and a few trips to southern Utah.

From our Aug 20 car camping trip near Telluride, here is a view from the Lizard Head trail, in the Lizard Head Wilderness area, of the San Miguel Mtns.:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

And another from a hike near Silverton, to Ice Lake. It was an ass-kicker of 2,400' elevation gain to get to the money shots of the lake, which is over 12,000'. The skies were overcast by the time we got up there, which kills some otherwise good photos, but what are ya gonna do?

Taken Aug 27, 2010.
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

From our Labor Day trip to Timp Point, north rim of the big ditch. Hiked along the Rainbow Rim trail from N. Timp Pt. to Locust Pt, but the pano is from N. Timp at the end with the better light:

Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

From our trip to the Needles Dist., Oct 14 - a view along the Confluence Trail towards the confluence. This was actually my first time to Canyonlands, and now I'm totally obsessed with going back as often as possible .
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

And, finally, from our Oct 28 trip to Arches/Moab - definitely one of the best "bang-for-your-buck" hikes ever (and trying to make the most of crappy lighting):
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

I like your Ice lake shot. If it is the same one I know, we used to hike over from Swamp Canyon when we lived in Ophir. BTW I like cloudy days. It makes for great detail and texture I think.

Quote Originally Posted by gnwatts View Post
    I like your Ice lake shot. If it is the same one I know, we used to hike over from Swamp Canyon when we lived in Ophir. BTW I like cloudy days. It makes for great detail and texture I think.
    Thanks! I have not been to Ophir, although I know where it is. I'm sure it is the same lake - not too many that I've seen that are that shade of blue/turquoise in the San Juans. I will have to go find Swamp Canyon on the map now; that must have been a rugged hike!
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

I'm going to cheat and add a few more.

Name:  689430..JPG
Views: 390
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  689425..JPG
Views: 364
Size:  136.5 KB

Name:  689418..JPG
Views: 356
Size:  130.4 KB

Name:  689421..JPG
Views: 374
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  689423..JPG
Views: 359
Size:  108.6 KB

Name:  689435..JPG
Views: 346
Size:  81.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by canyonphile View Post
    And another from a hike near Silverton, to Ice Lake. It was an ass-kicker of 2,400' elevation gain to get to the money shots of the lake, which is over 12,000'. The skies were overcast by the time we got up there, which kills some otherwise good photos, but what are ya gonna do?

Taken Aug 27, 2010.
    Hey, I went there in '09, you can borrow some of my pics if you want. Had perfect skies for photos.

http://utoutdoors.blogspot.com/2009/...ans-day-4.html

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125 View Post
    Hey, I went there in '09, you can borrow some of my pics if you want. Had perfect skies for photos.

http://utoutdoors.blogspot.com/2009/...ans-day-4.html
    Eric, what an awesome set of photos ; the clouds were the perfect kind for enhancing landscape pics. That lake was so intensely turquoise blue it is hard to believe in photos if you didn't see it yourself. And even more so on a sunny day!

Is that old miner's cabin further up along the same trail? Old buildings like that are so cool...
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

Quote Originally Posted by canyonphile View Post
    Eric, what an awesome set of photos ; the clouds were the perfect kind for enhancing landscape pics. That lake was so intensely turquoise blue it is hard to believe in photos if you didn't see it yourself. And even more so on a sunny day!

Is that old miner's cabin further up along the same trail? Old buildings like that are so cool...
    Ya, and crazy how the lake coming from the one drainage is so turquoise but the lakes from the drainage right next door are normal and clear. Wild. Ya if you continued past the blue lake to the upper basin there was another larger lake next to that old cabin. Really beautiful area, hope to make it back again next summer for some canyons in Ouray and to explore more areas.

So beautiful