Thread: Northwash vs Robbers for a Cold Trip?

Northwash vs Robbers for a Cold Trip?

Well the weather is looking ugly but we are pressing on for the traditinal Turkey day trip....

Any thoughts on which would be warmer - northwash or Robbers? I am thinking Northwash might be a little warmer for camping and offers some shorter canyons...

Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

My first thought would be roads. On that basis alone I would stick with the North Wash. My second thought would be exits of a bunch of the trade routes (north facing). If there is snow, again my choice would be the North Wash. This storm has the makings of some very interesting results almost state wide.
    Life is Good

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmiller View Post
    Well the weather is looking ugly but we are pressing on for the traditinal Turkey day trip....

Any thoughts on which would be warmer - northwash or Robbers? I am thinking Northwash might be a little warmer for camping and offers some shorter canyons...

Thoughts?
    With the weather coming in, you might be able to get OUT into RR, but you would be unlikely to get back. But don't worry, the sheriff would LOVE to do another rescue out there

North Wash offers a wide variety of canyons, decent camping, and paved roads.

But, I exaggerate for effect. The storm is now, you heading down after Turkey Day? The weather looks good then. I'd still chose North Wash because of the great variety of canyons there, and it being lower it will probably melt off sooner.

Tom

North Wash... Last time I churned out of the Roost on muddy roads I spent $20 at the car wash getting all the mud out from under my truck.

The Storm turned out to be nothing... roads were no problem.

We went down on Tues of last week and returned last night. Got about 2 inches of snow on Tuesday night. Clear days with no wind the rest of the week. We did Chambers, Blue John (main fork), Little Blue John, Mindbender and Not Mindbender. Both Mindbender and Not Mindbender had a fair amount of water and ice. Several potholes required breaking through 1-1.5" of ice. At least one swimmer for me (5' 6") in Not Mindbender.

Great trip! Set up a kitchen in the "Motel 6" complete with propane heaters.