Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much SNOW did you get?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelon1 View Post
    Thats weird, you almost make it sound like that evil white stuff is good, remember its easy to drive to where that stuff is, but shoveling it seems like a bad thing to me
    It is good! And I love shoveling it, good work out first thing in the morning... especially if you have a John Deer snow blower (gave it to my Mother to take care of). Seriously I don't think I would ever tire of the stuff and I never never complained. I shoveled my drive way and walks plus my neighbors cuz she was cute and elderly. Even would take care of Jess and Garret's walks when I had time.

But now that I am here I was a bit annoyed yesterday cuz I had plans and the rain kinda messed with it. Snow you can play in even when it is coming down like crazy. Rain... yeah not so much especially when it mixes with this red sand. I think I will always find a layer of red sand on everything now for the rest of my life. I don't think we have any white sox anymore they are all pink!
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

After a cold and wet weekend, the sun is now shining and it's warm. The local mountains are covered in snow and are beautiful.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Felicia today at lunch I came out of the restaurant and looked North... red rock with snow capped mountains and blue skies and fluffy white clouds. I wish my office window faced North instead of West. Views of the Temple are inspiring if you are LDS but if your religion is the great outdoors I can't think of anything more inspiring today then those mountains.
    Chere'

Mapleton, about 2-3". I drove South to Fillmore and back this morning and the snow was non existent by the time I got to Fillmore other than a few little patches of next to nothing.
    Life is Good

We were predicted to get 4" of snow here in Durango, but there was only a smattering this morning that melted quickly away. The San Juans were supposed to get a foot or so, which I was excited about, but I'm guessing they didn't get as much as predicted, either. Bummer, man...I was hoping to bust out the snowshoes!
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Bogley BigShot
    Name:  window..jpg
Views: 266
Size:  142.9 KB

Outside my 2nd floor bedroom window is this apple tree, where one lone apple still hangs on, with Red Hollow in the background.

How many of you outdoor types sleep with the window open in the winter? I do! I love the cold on my face as I am sleeping. It feels like I am camping out. I love it here where the only night light is from stars and the moon. Its so dark that at night the moon seems almost as bright as the sun during the day. Love there are no sounds but the quiet songs of nature. When I was in Vegas I heard airplanes overhead, ambulances and all sorts of noises at night. The air was far from clean and there was no way I was sleeping with my window open. I bought one of those outdoor sound machines. lol

Living here on the east side of Zion is like camping out every night. :) Love it!

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    At home this morning, there was about 3", but upon arrival at work (4 miles North/East), there was about 16". Now, there's about 1' at home and about 2' at work.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    At home this morning, there was about 3", but upon arrival at work (4 miles North/East), there was about 16". Now, there's about 1' at home and about 2' at work.
    Where is home?

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Where is home?
    Home: South Jordan (near the Glenmore Golf Course)
    Work: Taylorsville
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Somewhere around 16 - 18".... It's beautiful here! (This was out on my morning walk...)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It is not enough to understand the natural world; the point is to defend and preserve it. - 'Ed Abbey'

Bogley BigShot
    Flagstaff is COLD!

My last day of loading railcars today and I had to get the 988 loader to 'shovel' a 4' drift 75' long off the railline before I could hook up my trackmobile. Too cold for pics...below zero somewhere. (..i hate working in the stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker View Post
    My last day of loading railcars today and I had to get the 988 loader to 'shovel' a 4' drift 75' long off the railline before I could hook up my trackmobile. Too cold for pics...below zero somewhere. (..i hate working in the stuff)
    Bloody hell man