Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't Touch My Junk - TSA going too far?

Blog Entries
    Nm...
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I will add, that something worse than poor security - is a false sense of security.
    which is exactly what we are getting now. to think a determined terrorist could not get something on a plane is wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    So does this suggest, or imply that you condone profiling/labeling/prejudice/judging? Isn't that why Arizona's immigration law was so infuriating to so many people? Because, the darker-colored people couldn't walk down the street without being harassed by police officers thinking that they might be illegals?
    i not only suggest and imply, i condone profiling. for example: if you were driving down east colfax in denver and saw lots of scantily clad women standing on the corners would you think that maybe they were just out for a walk, or would you profile them and come up with "their hookers"? or, you see a 7ft tall black man driving a flash car, and immediately you think "he obviously plays pro hockey"?

i also don't have any problem at all with arizona's immigration law. wouldn't you be suspicious of 15 hispanics hanging out in front of home depot? and people can't just be harassed for walking down the street. the police can only inquire about immigration status if it is in direct relation to a lawful contact (getting pulled over for an offense or arrested).
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Honestly.... the most effective and cheapest security would probably be to just hand everyone a big knife that wants one when they board the plane....

Pick a big knife up from the bin when you board the plane and drop it in the bin as you exit.... problem solved.... We'll call it the Swiss Approach... care to guess when the Swiss were last invaded?

ice, once again we are on the same wave length. my ex wife could tell you that i had this idea years ago. only i suggested guns. that doesn't mean that they all would have been loaded but just the thought that some might be.

it's incredible how great minds think alike.

my other crazy though, was that i should just carry a bomb on board. i mean what are the odds of there being two bombs on the same plane?
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    my other crazy though, was that i should just carry a bomb on board. i mean what are the odds of there being two bombs on the same plane?

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    relevant video

What are the odds of two guys with cucumbers being on the same plane.

Description on the video...

Lets get the facts straight first. Before the video started the boy went through a metal detector and didn't set it off but was selected for a pat down. The boy was shy so the TSA couldn't complete the full pat on the young boy. The father tried several times to just hold the boys arms out for the TSA agent but i guess it didn't end up being enough for the guy. I was about 30 ft away so i couldn't hear their conversation if there was any. The enraged father pulled his son shirt off and gave it to the TSA agent to search, thats when this video begins.

******* THIS VIDEO OCCURRED AT SALT LAKE CITY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ON NOVEMBER 19TH AT AROUND THE TIME OF 12:00 PM **********

***Insertion of what happened after the video (full story)****

After I finished videotaping the incident I went through the check point myself. I collected my things and went over to talk to the father and son. Before I could get to them a man in a black suit who had been talking with the other TSA officials approached me. He asked to speak to me and I obliged, wondering what was to come. He then proceeded to interrogate me about why I was videotaping the "procedures of the TSA". I told him that I had never seen such practices before on a young child and decided to record it. The man being frustrated at this point demanded to know my plans with the video, of which I didn't respond. Repeatedly he asked me to delete the video, hoping his mere presence could intimidate me to obey, but I refused. By this point it became obvious that he felt TSA had done something wrong and that I caught it on tape. After the interview, I left for my gate. I called my brother who told me I should put the tape on YouTube because this had been a recent hot topic in the news.

My gate was a long way off, but about 15 minutes after arriving 2 TSA agents came and sat 15 feet or so away from me. I stood up and moved so that they were in front of me and then took a picture. A 3rd and then a 4th agent came and sat down with the others. They would occasionally glance at me and talk on their walkie-talkies. I don't know why they were there or if it was a huge coincidence but they stayed for 30-45 minutes and left just before I boarded the plan. Interesting to say the least, intimidating? Maybe a little...

^^^ Absolutely shameful. Can you imagine how scared that 8 year old boy was?

TSA Company car.........

Name:  958966..jpg
Views: 226
Size:  72.3 KB

This is hilarious.... now the Japanese are making fun of TSA....

IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Year to date statistics on Airport screening from the Department of Homeland Security

Terrorist Plots Discovered 0

Transvestites 133

Hernias 1,485

Hemorrhoid Cases 3,172

Enlarged Prostates 8,249

Breast Implants 59,350

Natural Blondes 3

Went through the SD airport on Tuesday, I asked if the "Don't touch my junk" agent was working as I wanted to get a picture with him They didn't give him up??
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

I'm wearing this bad boy on my next trip to the airport.

http://cargocollective.com/4thamendment